Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,958   Posts: 1,586,105   Online: 1136

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Take Part In The Analogue, Digital and You Questionnaire

Hi there friend!

Lomography wants to know about the role analogue and digital have in your life and how you feel about the dominance of digital technology. Is this trend positive or a necessary evil in this day and age? What do you think?

Digital technology is undoubtedly a core part of our daily lives. How comfortable are you about being constantly within reach? Do you feel naked if you leave the house without your phone? Or do you love the freedom being without technology brings? We’d love to know does shooting on film and and other analogue activities help you keep a healthy balance between being online and offline? We would really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill in the questionnaire and share your thoughts.

Also, please remember to hit ‘Submit’ at the end of the questionnaire otherwise your answers will not be registered.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to do this.

Answer the Questionnaire

Thanks!

iLka dj

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I did it ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also did the questionnaire but I have to admit a lot of red flags went up. Too many leading questions and assumptions in the answers with little space or options for something not on your list. How about "other" or "not applicable"? Of course, people could skip the question in that case, but does a skipped question mean they couldn't answer it/wouldn't answer it/or just missed it? Also a lot of either/or (including the true/false) questions which limits people to choosing something that may not reflect their reality. Having some sort of gradation of responses (strongly agree/agree/disagree/strongly disagree) would probably give better results. Also, some of the questions are not clear as to what specifically you are referring to.

I don't mean to be nit-picky, but I make a lot of questionnaires for my job, and when I answer them personally I want to feel that it's been worth my time.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I also did the questionnaire but I have to admit a lot of red flags went up. Too many leading questions and assumptions in the answers with little space or options for something not on your list. How about "other" or "not applicable"? Of course, people could skip the question in that case, but does a skipped question mean they couldn't answer it/wouldn't answer it/or just missed it? Also a lot of either/or (including the true/false) questions which limits people to choosing something that may not reflect their reality. Having some sort of gradation of responses (strongly agree/agree/disagree/strongly disagree) would probably give better results. Also, some of the questions are not clear as to what specifically you are referring to.

I don't mean to be nit-picky, but I make a lot of questionnaires for my job, and when I answer them personally I want to feel that it's been worth my time.
    Yes, I looked at the questionnaire and elected not to answer it. Way too much pigeonholing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LomoHome? Piggy Points??

WTF???

This is a joke, right????

I'm running away from this as fast as my little feetsies can carry me...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    LomoHome? Piggy Points??

WTF???

This is a joke, right????

I'm running away from this as fast as my little feetsies can carry me...

Ken
    Well, look at it this way - their entire business is peddling this overpriced garbage. Should tell you something....

Shooter
    35mm
    There was no prize when finished! Not even a draw?

Did I do this for free for you????

SCAM!
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How is this NOT SPAM?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think I answered in any manner they intended. All questionnaires are for a purpose usually to promote a position or for marketing.
    There is a difference between a shaky or out-of-focus photograph and a snapshot of clouds and fog banks. —Erwin Schrödinger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are some strange and poorly structured questions in that survey. The only decent question I found was that concerning whether we should use analogue or digital cameras. My selection, as always, is analogue. It is the thinking person's medium.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin