Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,938   Online: 1207

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I make my living through photography.
    The world of commercial photography is mostly digi.

-rob
    most of my clients want film
    but lately, even archives want digital ...

good luck rob!
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I liked your photo-a-day for a year challenge better. Since I've never owned or used a digital camera (or cell/smart phone, iPod, iPad, iPoop, etc.), I have nothing to set aside for a year.

But good luck anway!

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good luck rob! I shoot almost everything in film now, even though i have a full digital setup, i just get so tired of everything digital.

Enjoy!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to put aside the digital for a year, just shoot black and white film and make prints for the wall. I'm not sure if I can make it... but wont it be fun to try.
    -Rob Skeoch
    When I find myself in times of trouble, APUG members come to me
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
    And in my hour of darkness they are standing right in front of me
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
    Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
    Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

We're here for ya, Rob
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rob

Will that mean that any new products on your web pages or shots from your workshops are going to be from some one else ? And your newsletters as well Good luck on your challenge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Wahlberg,
    How's he gonna get anything done in the that hour in the darkroom if we're standing right in front of him?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Hey Wahlberg,
    How's he gonna get anything done in the that hour in the darkroom if we're standing right in front of him?
    We'll do the work, while he barks out the orders
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    OK, so I've had a chance to plan this out a bit.

I don't have a neg scanner or a flatbed scanner so I've decided to mount the digicam on the copy stand.
    This will allow me to make copies of any images I wish to share. I hope to get at least a couple good shots to share.

Right now I have three film rangefinders, a 4x10 Shen-Hao and a Nikon F6... so I thought I was good to go. Then the shutter release button fell off one of the cameras so it went for service. Now the frame counter seems wrong on my M6 so I'm taking it for service tomorrow. This leaves me with a CL as my only rangefinder, and the F6.

I shot four rolls of film this weekend so I'm off to a good start. I'll get those souped this week, make contacts and try and get something printed.

I bought a case of paper developer, have gallons of fix already and four fresh packs of film developer. Plus 18 boxes of 4X10 film... so I should be good for a while.

I also have a cupboard full of paper I can use.

So I guess I'm good to start.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, so I've had a chance to plan this out a bit.

I don't have a neg scanner or a flatbed scanner so I've decided to mount the digicam on the copy stand.
    This will allow me to make copies of any images I wish to share. I hope to get at least a couple good shots to share.

Right now I have three film rangefinders, a 4x10 Shen-Hao and a Nikon F6... so I thought I was good to go. Then the shutter release button fell off one of the cameras so it went for service. Now the frame counter seems wrong on my M6 so I'm taking it for service tomorrow. This leaves me with a CL as my only rangefinder, and the F6.

I shot four rolls of film this weekend so I'm off to a good start. I'll get those souped this week, make contacts and try and get something printed.

I bought a case of paper developer, have gallons of fix already and four fresh packs of film developer. Plus 18 boxes of 4X10 film... so I should be good for a while.

I also have a cupboard full of paper I can use.

So I guess I'm good to start.

-Rob
    Got a computer? I just bought a Canon LiDE 210 for something like $80 and it runs great with, of all things, FreeBSD, so It should be fine with Linux/Mac/Windows. You'll get much better results than photographing your prints with a digicam. That's what I did before the scanner purchase and it stunk.

Good luck, enjoy shooting film and remember, they can live together just fine.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

This Thursday the sun will rise to a fresh start.
    I'm going to just shoot film for the next year and see what happens.

I've just finished a large documentary shooting digital, and Wednesday I have a commercial shoot, but after that I'm free.

I'm going to put aside the digital for a year, just shoot black and white film and make prints for the wall. I'm not sure if I can make it... but wont it be fun to try.

And yes I still make my living through photography.

-Rob Skeoch
    Too much angst.

Shoot what you enjoy.

This is like people who have the need to constantly tell people the new diet they're on.

Nobody cares. Do whatever you like.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin