Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,897   Posts: 1,521,015   Online: 812

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!
    Abuse has MANY faces, unfortunately, and is not always easy to spot. But, yes, it's most common in the home. If you happen to know a psychiatrist, therapist, family counselor, public defender, etc... they can give you really helpful clues to look for in children to spot distress. This is really helpful if you work with children or are exposed to lots of children (like me - as a Mom to young boys with lots of friends).

But - I will admit, having a womb has it's advantages when photographing children. I've NEVER been accused or leered at due to the child predator issue. Of course it helps that my assistant is a 4 year old boy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7631823306_91ac708f99_b.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	57647

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    But - I will admit, having a womb has it's advantages when photographing children. I've NEVER been accused or leered at due to the child predator issue. Of course it helps that my assistant is a 4 year old boy!
    That is probably because you conduct yourself in a reasonable and professional manner. We are having a (potential) problem at our child's school with a mom who is too "touchy-feely" with the kids... to the point where her hugs are getting too close to fondling. Sadly, since she is both a female and a mom there is a lot of forgiveness and turning a blind eye. But it is the epitome of creepy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey... but back on topic... I was hassled and spoken to abusively by a door-to-door political campaign worker the other day. She was a real pain-in-the-butt so I decided to document it. Her best and most abusive retort, after telling me that it is illegal to take her picture, was to screamed that I must be an "ardent Republican". She really thought se was insulting me!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    was to screamed that I must be an "ardent Republican". She really thought se was insulting me!
    I would take that as an insult. I would be insulted if I was called a Democrat too. My political leanings are not that far too the right.

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't shoot strangers on the street, but I have had my share of abuse from private security guards--never from Chicago police officers.
    The strangest response I got was when photographing an historical building from across the street with a 4x5 on tripod: a local activist was afraid that I was a surveyor from a wrecking company preparing to demolish the structure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think some people are just tired of tourist taking shots without permission. I understand being treated like a prop. Every where I travel, what works most of the time is to show genuine interest. If they're selling items, buy something. Get to know them before clicking the shutter. If they say no, just leave it at that. Don't get too attached to any particular outcome. It's not worth getting an arse whipping for a photo.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey... but back on topic... I was hassled and spoken to abusively by a door-to-door political campaign worker the other day. She was a real pain-in-the-butt so I decided to document it. Her best and most abusive retort, after telling me that it is illegal to take her picture, was to screamed that I must be an "ardent Republican". She really thought se was insulting me!
    Illegal to take her picture? And she was at YOUR door? She should beam aboard the Mother Ship for reprogamming!

Shooter
    35mm
    You could have retorted "Bloody Monarchist!"
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Her best and most abusive retort, after telling me that it is illegal to take her picture, was to screamed that I must be an "ardent Republican". She really thought se was insulting me!
    I also would find that insulting. In the UK some of us start to worry when Republicans get in.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    Illegal to take her picture? And she was at YOUR door? She should beam aboard the Mother Ship for reprogamming!
    Here in Texas (and many other States) it is not only legal to shoot her with your camera at your front door, but to also shoot her with your gun. It's called the Castle docterine and many here in TX take home defense quite seriously. Needless to say, there's not lots of soliciting here...

Maybe this is why Clive and the UK folks get nervous with us gun weilding Republicans! LOL!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin