Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,772   Online: 899

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Yeah, best to be specific.
    Ok. Only non-random people are shot here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Ok. Only non-random people are shot here.
    What sort of firearms do you prefer? Have you Texans moved beyond the Colt SAA to Glocks and such junk, or do you remain traditional?

Edit - just to stay on-topic.
    The only abusive comments I've heard came from the subjects when I showed them the finished prints. When I was a kid I had the knack of hitting the worst possible moment, kind of like an evil H.C-B.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 09-25-2012 at 12:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Texans must really like Glocks. They even have a congressional district shaped like one. Really!
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Some of us Democrats own and shoot and carry guns too.

Lest our friends in other countries misunderstand, I know of nowhere in the US where it's legal to just shoot someone who comes to your door. If they enter forcibly or against your instructions otherwise, yes, but not just because they're saying nasty things (and calling me a Republican I consider an insult) when you talk to them freely. You're well within your rights to tell them to get lost and slam the door in their face, and if they don't leave your property you can call the police to have them removed and charged with trespassing. If they don't get the hint and break in, THEN you can shoot them (in this and many states.)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Hattori

Shooter
    Medium Format
    None yet, but it's always in the back of my mind that somebody will come out of the woodwork. I'm usually thinking "what if they take my camera?" rather than "what if they chop me up into little pieces?". I was photographing at the end of a long rural driveway the other day and a burly looking guy approached and gave me some location tips! It was also near a train station and my first words to him were "don't worry, I'm not a train spotter". Actually, I get the impression people are more scared of us. We're like spiders.

People are generally politely curious in my experience. But then again, I don't do street photography... only driveway photography. Maybe I'll branch out to people's gardens at some point, who knows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Handguns are for gangsters and tourists.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back on topic....
    Apart from the occasional heart-stopping scream by passing motorists, (you know the type - the good ol' boys who like to play baseball with mail boxes on country roads) I can only think of one comment that put me off my dinner, so to speak. I was doing some shooting of railroad tracks along one of Windsor, Ontario's more colourful streets when something akin to a mirage appeared in the distance. It appeared to be someone walking, but the motion was all wrong, like there were extra joints in the hips or something. Within a few moments the mirage had resolved itself into a badly dressed, badly made up, badly aging woman who was thrusting her hips from side to side as she walked, in what she could only have supposed was a provocative manner. I did my best to ignore this approaching horror, but as she passed, she croaked, "you can take pictures of ME, honey." I couldn't have packed up and retreated any faster if she had pulled a gun on me.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Handguns are for gangsters and tourists.
    For shooting gangsters and tourists? Or are such miscreants the only acceptable users of handguns?

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin