Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,689   Online: 858

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The most abusive comments I get are from my wife when I try to take a photo of her without giving her a chance to "fix" herself up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Some of us Democrats own and shoot and carry guns too.

Lest our friends in other countries misunderstand, I know of nowhere in the US where it's legal to just shoot someone who comes to your door. If they enter forcibly or against your instructions otherwise, yes, but not just because they're saying nasty things (and calling me a Republican I consider an insult) when you talk to them freely. You're well within your rights to tell them to get lost and slam the door in their face, and if they don't leave your property you can call the police to have them removed and charged with trespassing. If they don't get the hint and break in, THEN you can shoot them (in this and many states.)
    In Florida the Republican legislature passed The Stand Your Ground law. If a person feels threatened anywhere they no longer have to attempt to escape and can shoot the person. The state also makes it very easy to get a concealed weapons permit.

I feel so safe now, not.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    In Florida the Republican legislature passed The Stand Your Ground law. If a person feels threatened anywhere they no longer have to attempt to flee and can shoot the person. The state also makes it very easy to get a concealed weapons permit.
    This is a joke right!

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was driving through Scarborough North Yorkshire last winter and saw a coach parked outside a suburban house with posters in every window advertising an Elvis impersonator who was playing a New Years Eve gig. It was early morning with snow on the ground and the whole scene was a bit odd so I decided to photograph it. I jumped out and started moving around to get the shot. Suddenly I heard a load of abuse coming from the house behind. I turned to see a bare-chested bald man fastening a pair of sequinned trousers up coming out of his front door. He bawled and shouted and abused me before I finally managed to convince him I wasn't the local authority who he'd had trouble with for parking his coach on the grass. He went back in and as I left I pushed a business card through his door with my website in case the photos were any good.
    A few days later I received an email with the subject line: 'A Message from Elvis' and an apology.
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    This is a joke right!
    Sadly, no, it's for real.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    This is a joke right!
    as Mr. von Hoegh says, no ... google "George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great story AJMiller! I really enjoy stories where people end up being nice!!

On the other topic: what's the point of a concealed gun anyway? Aren't the only people concealing guns the bad guys and the undercover cops? I don't think anyone should conceal anything... That's jut asking for trouble!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Great story AJMiller! I really enjoy stories where people end up being nice!!

On the other topic: what's the point of a concealed gun anyway? Aren't the only people concealing guns the bad guys and the undercover cops? I don't think anyone should conceal anything... That's jut asking for trouble!!!
    Someone, I don't recall who, when asked about concealed gun carry, responded "If you expect to be using your weapon, you're a God-damned fool to carry it anywhere but in your hand".

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmiller View Post
    I turned to see a bare-chested bald man fastening a pair of sequinned trousers up coming out of his front door.
    And that is the second you squeeze the shutter.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Only non-random people are shot here.
    As a general rule of thumb I try to shoot as few people as possible every day, as the associated follow-up paperwork is simply murder.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin