Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,712   Online: 843

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Though it's too late now, Steven Gandy's Cameraquest is the authorized Cosina Voightlander dealer. I am sure he would have handled things differently.
    Mark O'Brien -
    At the home of Argus cameras...Ann Arbor, MI
    http://www.geocities.com/argusmaniac/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, most of the problems people have been having with B&H mail order seem to be equipment problems. Has anyone had problems ordering film from them? I shoot Fuji slide films for 35mm color work and Ilford for B&W, though I'm thinking of trying out some Efke and switching to JandC. I like the Pro 100 roll film I got from them and the customer service seems pretty good. That still leaves me wondering where to get the fujichrome.

Images
    As long as I do not have to have my film right away I have never had a problem. If I need it quick, like two day service then I shop else where. My last film order from them was placed on staurday, assuming it would be shipped monday. I paid for two day mail expecting it to be in my hands thursday. It was not shipped until thursday, and took a week to get here. They did refund my extra shipping fee after a bit of argument. No it was not one of their holiday closings either.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've ordered a lot of film from B&H. Since I live in the hot, humid South, I try to avoid ordering film in the hot summer months. Unfortunately, around here that's usually from late April through early November so it's not always possible. I try to order so nothing gets to set up in a warehouse or truck over a weekend. I order on Sunday, it gets shipped on Monday and it's here on Thursday. Back when they used Fed Ex, film ordered on Sunday was often here on Wednesday and, a couple of times, ever on Tuesday. UPS is slower. But all the film I've bought from B&H has been fresh with distant expiration dates.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thumbs up for Calumet here too. Luckily I have 2 stores in my area. I also order on the web when I'm too lazy to go out. Always quick delivery and courteous service. They may be a bit more pricey on some items. If you tell them(very nicely) where you saw an item cheaper and they can look it up on the web, many times they will match price for you.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    A few months ago I ordered from B & H a heat absorbing lens for my enlarger. They mailed the glass lens in a bubble wrap package, when it arrived it had the sound of broken glass so I refused the UPS delivery. B&H said that they would never mail without adequate packing and implied that I was lying. It took a long time to get my credit . Adorama works for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am now on hold with them as I type. Turns out I was sold a grey market camera without my knowing it! I am STRONGLY pointing this out to them at this time. By saying "look we will call it a wash if you credit my card", I think I can get somewhere. If not, I have Visa working on a refund arangement.

I am not happy.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered a batch of Ilford film from B&H about a month ago, and it was shipped and received in a timely manner. Looks like I might have been lucky.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've placed about 4 or 5 orders thru them the past few years without any problems. But I've heard on some other forums of occasional problems and they were a little difficult in settling the problems.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    B&H has never disappointed me when I've ordered film, but when I called them to order a lens shade for a 50mm Contax lens, they sent the wrong one even though I confirmed the specific camera model and lens to the sales rep on the phone. On the other hand, Calumet has never disappointed me, so I'm sticking with Calumet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin