Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,557,987   Online: 1087

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    If you bought a used car from someone and they accidentally left personal items in the trunk, would you say the same thing.

It says a lot about you.
    Probably, if they were not standing right there or nearby or conveniently contactable when the items were discovered... but I'm not sure what you think that says. There is something called "personal responsibility" which should include collecting one's personal items before selling a camera or car or house or boat or motorhome or mountain cabin...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Probably, if they were not standing right there or nearby or conveniently contactable when the items were discovered... but I'm not sure what you think that says. There is something called "personal responsibility" which should include collecting one's personal items before selling a camera or car or house or boat or motorhome or mountain cabin...
    hi brian

the OP was intouch with the seller, and maybe it would have been better
    if he didn't process the film and offer her up the negatives or prints ...
    unfortunately he processed it already .. but the seller
    was nearby ....

after a few days thinking about it,
    i spoke to hastily ...
    rather than throw the film out i suggest
    MAIL her back the negatives with a note saying that
    knowing it was difficult to have b/w film processed i had them processed ...
    i only suggested that he throw it out after the seller expressed no interest
    in it, ( spam filter ? ) ... after repeated attempts by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    It says you don't care about other people much. And YOUR personal responsibility when finding something that someone accidentally left behind is to return it. Because we all fuck up. We all forget things. We all accidentally leave things behind in different places we go and we ALL would hope that someone would be nice enough to return them.

And when you don't, it says something about you.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... yes, as I indicated: within reasonable limits. As far as going to extraordinary measures, I'll leave that for some saint... whoever he may be. (insert "halo" smilie here)
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 09-27-2012 at 09:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi brian
    Hi John. I'm not criticizing the OPs judgement or decision, and I didn't read your postings ad doing so either. He's a big boy and can figure out his own ethics without having judgement cast upon him. As for me: One time I returned found film it worked out to everyone's happiness. The other time.. not so much. Experience has shown me that "doing good" can sometimes cause someone else pain.
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 09-27-2012 at 09:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Developing film inside of cameras privately bought

While legally the film may belong to the buyer, I suspect copyright stays with the original photographer.

Ethically, if I had contact info for the owner, I'd return it undeveloped.

As a coincidence I happen to have a roll of undeveloped film, from a prior owner, now.

I discovered the film in a camera that I have owned for over 25 years. (I can procrastinate with the best of them.)

I probably purchased the camera at a flea market in the early to mid 80's. While curious as to what might be on there, and whether or not the old B&W film still holds anything, I think I will just stick the exposed band on it, and leave it for display that way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin