Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,653   Online: 806

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    I know her husband and is a higher ranking officer and I can say with 100% certainty that whatever photos she sends will only be seen by him.

"higher ranking office" - all the more reason to be VERY careful.

(BTW, I'm a retired AF O-6, and getting such pictures that might be career ending is a risk I wouldn't wanted to have taken.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are going to go ahead and shoot this week.
    OK; Terrific !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Large Format
    I know her husband and is a higher ranking officer and I can say with 100% certainty that whatever photos she sends will only be seen by him.

And a little off the subject.... I've been deployed 4 times to Iraq. I can't count the number of times we've had muslim men come up to us begging for a copy of Maxim, FHM, playboy or anything that showed skin. When we gave it to them they smiled and were genuinely happy and excited. That being said we were always "warned" about possible dangers by random notes passed to our interpreter from these people.
    I always tell my sons that the difference between a bank robber and an honest man is that the bank robber think he can get away with it.

If you think that you can get away with something that you KNOW is wrong...then...well, you draw your own conclusion.

I can only assume that after reading all of the advice given here, you're going ahead because either one or both of you want to put the man's military career and standing at risk.

Legal or not, it seems a very dishonorable thing to do. Doesn't make me proud.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not just send the pictures to his smartphone, or better yet, create a private picture hosting account?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format

And a little off the subject.... I've been deployed 4 times to Iraq. I can't count the number of times we've had muslim men come up to us begging for a copy of Maxim, FHM, playboy or anything that showed skin. When we gave it to them they smiled and were genuinely happy and excited. That being said we were always "warned" about possible dangers by random notes passed to our interpreter from these people.

You had already made your mind up to shoot these pictures before you asked the question, why are you wasting the members of this forums time ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Why Are You Wasting The Members Of This Forums Time ?
    Well written, Ben

Luckily, no of us will have to worry about what will
    happen when the excrement hits the blades of the
    device that moves air from one location to another

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well...

What you decide to do really is your business and that of your "customers". But keep this in mind as you go ahead with your plan. These days, nothing rarely stay private. There are so many times those private photos leaked out and caused all kinds of embarrassment and havoc, sometimes results in death of innocent people. Also, what people people do in private is whole a lot different than what they would do when others are watching. This is especially true in oppressed countries where one is not free to express themselves. I will stop here as it is just my opinion. Good luck with your plan. I sincerely hope it won't back fire on you, your friends, or others who might get wound up on wrong side of the situations.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not ban girlie magazines and all booze in general -- they can be smuggled as contraband too.
    They are very definitely banned.
    Afghanistan is NOT Iraq. They could do and have things in Iraq that are not remotely allowed in Afghanistan. There is also a high amount of professionalism expected of the officers and this does not fit that standard.

If you do the photos, wait until he's home to give them to him. When he's caught with them (and there's no way my husband could have kept something like this secret, even at his rank), the incident will make it onto his next OER. When he's putting in for the next bump in rank, all of his OERs will get reviewed. He will not be high on the list. If I were you, I'd be honest with the wife about this and remind her that she can have a lot of responsibility for how his career goes, too.

The uniform is not the problem at all - just his location and the rules they have for troops over there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    The uniform is not the problem at all - just his location and the rules they have for troops over there.
    Well stated!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Legality of an upcomming photoshoot.

I suppose asking the husband for his input is beyond consideration.

If it was something that could get me in that much trouble, I think I'd like to know beforehand.

Just say'n...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin