Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,551   Online: 1086
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    12,400
    Images
    60
    dpurdy's choice of 3/4 length portraits for young people is a good idea. That choice means you can work close enough to connect and get lots of detail, but not so close as to be intimidating.
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  2. #12
    dpurdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Portland OR USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    2,049
    Images
    38
    It also means you can use a Rolleiflex without the close up attachment. Except that the one with the cat is shot on 8x10.
    Dennis

  3. #13
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Humboldt Co.
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    4,654
    Images
    40
    Well, here are three teenage boys (15 yrs). Not really much help -- just a chance to show off the kids. Taken this year. These guys are all over the map -- very different from each other. Someone would have some trouble on their hands making the mistake of thinking one size fits all! Something to remember when dealing with a set of two or more closely aged teenagers/pre-teens siblings.

    Scanned 11x14 contact print. Taken with a 270mm lens -- exposure was about a second, maybe two, using the lens cap, so the boys' heads are not sharp, but sharp enough!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boys11x14.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 10-04-2012 at 10:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

  4. #14
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,661
    Images
    14
    The guy on the left looks very happy with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Well, here are three teenage boys (15 yrs). Not really much help -- just a chance to show off the kids. Taken this year. These guys are all over the map -- very different from each other. Someone would have some trouble on their hands making the mistake of thinking one size fits all! Something to remember when dealing with a set of two or more closely aged teenagers/pre-teens siblings.

    Scanned 11x14 contact print. Taken with a 270mm lens -- exposure was about a second, maybe two, using the lens cap, so the boys' heads are not sharp, but sharp enough!

  5. #15
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Humboldt Co.
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    4,654
    Images
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    The guy on the left looks very happy with you.
    He is even happier in this one! LOL! (actually I have trained them not to smile for long exposures -- typically 30 seconds to one minute long,

    Scanned 8x10 pt/pd print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BoysTrainScotiaCarbon.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

  6. #16
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,661
    Images
    14
    Hey Vaughn
    My father in law would love that image, his name is Al Paterson, google him, he has one of the largest collections of steam train images in Canada.
    He was a Bell Telephone technician and would place him on phone lines as the trains came in and out of Toronto Station.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    He is even happier in this one! LOL! (actually I have trained them not to smile for long exposures -- typically 30 seconds to one minute long,

    Scanned 8x10 pt/pd print.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin