Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,522,982   Online: 1176

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: Fine Art Status

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have more important things to worry about, like how I'm going to pay my utility bills this Winter that are shortly going up by 9%, I'll leave "the status of fine art photography" for the photographic artists to worry about.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    ...I have always liked Emile Zola’s definition.... ....it is as follows:-
    A work of art is a corner of creation seen through a temperament.
    To me, if you have a vision (or light bulb moment, epiphany, dream, feeling, or whatever fill-in-the-blank word that triggers strong emotion), something you'd like to say or set forth by showing others with a work of art, you first must be moved enough to be motivated to actually do it - that's the temperament. The rest is simply what you saw. To me I'm not sure his observation either helps or detracts.
    What I do like about it, though, is that in my mind it filters out all of the works that are done WITHOUT temperament, so called 'art' that is created for reasons other than being strongly motivated to simply 'have to' create, show, and reveal.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was a sculptor many years ago, so an artist, I also took snapshots. Around the time I ceased making sculpture my photography became more important but it was more than a decade before my photography became art.

It's something Ive thought about over the years and while my old Professor and a few others would say I'm a Fine Art Photogrpaher I'd rather just be known for my images. I do have an MA for my sins.

Ian

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin