Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,524   Online: 1023

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    buy a leica -- it will save you money in the long run.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once dreamed I drank developer, but it was just a cup of coffee.

Or was it orange juice?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I don’t often have these, but last night I dreamt I was clearing out a darkroom cupboard and I came across a bottle of liquid wrapped in a dark bag. I started carrying it down a road and I could hear the liquid sloshing about which made me thirsty, so I opened the bag, unscrewed the top and drank some. At the same time I remembered it was Potassium Dichromate. I spat it out immediately, but the horror of such an act woke me from my nightmare.
    Do others ever dream such things?
    Sounds like you need to get laid more.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Sounds like you need to get laid more.
    When one is holding a hammer, every problem begins to look suspiciously like a nail...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    The other night I dreamt that I opened a 100-sheet box of paper in room light and ruined it all. It definitely beats chess or math dreams. I used to have those and not only are they ridiculously dull but they left me exhausted in the morning.

Shooter
    35mm
    hmm... about half of my waking life concerns photography and my camera is never out of sight... try thirty years of that... and in all that time, not a single dream with photography in it... maybe my photographs are my dreams

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Potassium dichromate does look inviting I never had such dream but my good friend Paul Taylor of Renaissance Press did wake up to such nightmare. A few years back, he was having some "friends" staying overnight. He was awoken by one of them in the middle of the night saying that he drank an orange liquid from a large, ugly black jug, marked as poison, in a chemicals only refrigerator that Paul keeps in his basement. Sleepwalking? Stupid? Paul rushed him to a nearby hospital where they proceeded to pump his stomach. A few weeks later, he gets slapped with a lawsuit. Of course the guy was full of it and it turned out that he had done this before for financial gain.

Now, Clive, make sure you don't sleepwalk and hit the fridge for some cool aid

Shooter
    Multi Format
    back in the days of the ( american ) prohibition, when making and consuming
    alcohol was illegal john garo, the boston portrait photographer ( karsh's menotor )
    used to regularly have his friends ( arthur fiedler and other big wigs )
    over to his studio to party. he would always use buckets labelled fixer, developer &c
    as containers with booze in them, so if they were busted by the vice-squad it would look like
    photography chemicals, not hooch. he was well known as not only a portrait photographer
    but as a pictorialist, brought pt/pd and gum-overs back from the dead, so whoknows
    maybe he also had a bucket that read potassium dichromate in the room that he
    was passing around to his friends ...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    Potassium dichromate does look inviting I never had such dream but my good friend Paul Taylor of Renaissance Press did wake up to such nightmare. A few years back, he was having some "friends" staying overnight. He was awoken by one of them in the middle of the night saying that he drank an orange liquid from a large, ugly black jug, marked as poison, in a chemicals only refrigerator that Paul keeps in his basement. Sleepwalking? Stupid? Paul rushed him to a nearby hospital where they proceeded to pump his stomach. A few weeks later, he gets slapped with a lawsuit. Of course the guy was full of it and it turned out that he had done this before for financial gain.

Now, Clive, make sure you don't sleepwalk and hit the fridge for some cool aid
    Max, all my chemicals are stored in a cabinet in the darkroom and the darkroom is about 20 yards from the house in the back garden. I would never, even if labelled store photographic chemicals in the domestic fridge. Do others?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Interesting. I have flown, drown, and been buried alive in dreams but never drank poisons. For the erotic dreams I've lied and tol my wife it was her in the dream.
    Brian does your wife know you post here? If not what will you give me for not telling her?
    The funny thing is a lot of these dreams have really happened with me. Girlfriend drank developer, camera bag rolling down a hill into a river with me running after it like Indiana Jones running away from the boulder.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin