Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,656   Online: 765

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Max, all my chemicals are stored in a cabinet in the darkroom and the darkroom is about 20 yards from the house in the back garden. I would never, even if labelled store photographic chemicals in the domestic fridge. Do others?
    hi clive

a few months ago there was a poster who looked forward to reusing his fixer bottles ( glass ) for
    beer making ... there are people who pour their spent chemicals on their vegetable garden as well ...
    so it wouldn't surprise me that there would be people who store photochems in their fridge

i think 1 in 10 is a general rule for everything, including common sense ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Max, all my chemicals are stored in a cabinet in the darkroom and the darkroom is about 20 yards from the house in the back garden. I would never, even if labelled store photographic chemicals in the domestic fridge. Do others?
    Glycin powder from the Formulary in the freezer. That's the only one. Used for classic Ansco 130. Well-labeled and in the opaque black plastic bag in which it comes delivered. One could never mistake it for a frozen dinner. Freezing extends the notoriously short-lived powder's effectiveness almost indefinitely.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 10-28-2012 at 11:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling...
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Brian does your wife know you post here? If not what will you give me for not telling her?
    Unfortunately (for you) that information isn't worth much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Unfortunately (for you) that information isn't worth much.
    I had to try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Common sense is not that common as my favourite teacher used to say.
    I once made some negative developer and needed a bottle and did not have one. After looking around I found an old apple juice bottleand put the developer in there.
    It was summer and warm and I wanted it to keep longer. I put it in the fridge!
    The next day my girlfriend comes home and is thirsty and takes a drink.
    That was about 12 years ago and she has developed into a lovely woman getting prettier from day to day.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don’t often have these, but last night I dreamt I was clearing out a darkroom cupboard and I came across a bottle of liquid wrapped in a dark bag. I started carrying it down a road and I could hear the liquid sloshing about which made me thirsty, so I opened the bag, unscrewed the top and drank some. At the same time I remembered it was Potassium Dichromate. I spat it out immediately, but the horror of such an act woke me from my nightmare.
    Do others ever dream such things?
    You should have stayed asleep and seen what "developed" in the dream. Since the chemical is part of the gum bichromate process, the dream could have gone into an alternate-process dream reality.

The only photographic dreams I've had have been walking and bicycling along with my Super Graphic, with the setting sun creating a beautiful setting around me. Quite relaxing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Funny thing, last night I had another photographic dream. I was in some semi-commercial neighborhood with my Fuji GA645zi, and there was a really neat sunset. I had to move to try and get the power lines out of the way. As I moved, I would move into a position where the power lines were lower. Finally I was on hands and knees, and I decided I had enough shots and enough of the power lines, so I woke up.

Too bad I can't transfer my dreams to Portra.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In one dream I had, a few friends where trying to develop a print in their toilet bowl. But no matter how hard they tried they couldn't get anything other than a faint image, so they called me in for help but I don't think I did much. I remember it was set in Paris.

Another one was where I was in the city and there where two hotels,(only one exists in real life) one of the hotels (it was just used as storage for the new hotel that had superceded it) had three levels and on the second they rented studios to artists and I had one there. I was working on a big collage about two meters wide and one high, it was covered in dark red metalic paint with lines on it connecting up various crops of photographs; but when I would leave the room to enter the hall I was contantly attacked by a possesed toy police car with a large hibernating insect attached to it! But when I came back later on the hotel was on fire, and I said to the many spectators "I've got thirty years of photos in that room!"

For a few months I kept having these dreams nearly every night that I was developing film under my bed covers, almost every bloody night! It drove me mad.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl T; 10-31-2012 at 07:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correction

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think I've had any crazy photography dreams, although the other night I totally had a dream that I was using an M3 double stroke (not sure what lens was on it) but I took a trip to the mall with it and was trying to buy a 50mm Summicron off some guy hah.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl T View Post
    In one dream I had, a few friends where trying to develop a print in their toilet bowl. But no matter how hard they tried they couldn't get anything other than a faint image, so they called me in for help but I don't think I did much. I remember it was set in Paris.

Another one was where I was in the city and there where two hotels,(only one exists in real life) one of the hotels (it was just used as storage for the new hotel that had superceded it) had three levels and on the second they rented studios to artists and I had one there. I was working on a big collage about two meters wide and one high, it was covered in dark red metalic paint with lines on it connecting up various crops of photographs; but when I would leave the room to enter the hall I was contantly attacked by a possesed toy police car with a large hibernating insect attached to it! But when I came back later on the hotel was on fire, and I said to the many spectators "I've got thirty years of photos in that room!"

For a few months I kept having these dreams nearly every night that I was developing film under my bed covers, almost every bloody night! It drove me mad.

Karl
    Is there a Tasmania devil? Or is it just a cartoon character? Has it ever featured in your dreams?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin