Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,195   Online: 1201

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last night I dreamed that my son had about ten of his friends stay the night after halloween. They were so loud, that I kicked them out and told them to walk home at 2am. Then I worried about nine year olds walking home at 2am, but didn't know their names or which direction they walked.

No cameras or developer dreams though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sbattert View Post
    Last night I dreamed that my son had about ten of his friends stay the night after halloween. They were so loud, that I kicked them out and told them to walk home at 2am. Then I worried about nine year olds walking home at 2am, but didn't know their names or which direction they walked.

No cameras or developer dreams though.
    Are you sure it was a dream?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It was a dream. I woke up all worried about them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One I've had several times. I dream this in b&w , it's a post apocalyptic southern U.S. and I'm being sent on a photo taking expedition consisting of me as photog a high strung latina speaking spanglish and a cowboy who is in charge of the burros that carry all the supplies. When I question why my late father tells me 'Someone has to do it."

Shooter
    Multi Format

Photographic Dreams and Nightmares

That could be a great movie plot! Lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^^+1^^
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gawd. Last night I had my first photographic dream. It happened in a darkroom and wasn't good. Everything was going wrong. Other than that I don't remember it.

When I was a karate instructor I used to get karate dreams. They were really bad, incredibly violent. A face would appear, somebody trying to kill me, and when I hit it as hard as I could, trying to make the head explode, my fist would turn to sawdust.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Gawd. Last night I had my first photographic dream. It happened in a darkroom and wasn't good. Everything was going wrong. Other than that I don't remember it.

When I was a karate instructor I used to get karate dreams. ...
    A training instructor told my group that is called an "occupational nightmare." It's just your brain trying to sort stuff out. It affects you for a while until your brain can get everything sorted.

Last year in my area we had a snow and ice storm, which left streets with ice underneath snow. I had to ride my bicycle (with studded snow tires) to get to the busses and get to work. One of the busses got stuck, so I followed another on a bike to the next stop that would have busses. We slipped and slid all over, but never fell down. That night, what did I initially have in my dreams? Yep! Lots of sliding around on a bicycle.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    One I've had several times. I dream this in b&w , it's a post apocalyptic southern U.S. and I'm being sent on a photo taking expedition consisting of me as photog a high strung latina speaking spanglish and a cowboy who is in charge of the burros that carry all the supplies. When I question why my late father tells me 'Someone has to do it."
    The wind blew across a landscape that had seen the touch of industrial man's hand. Before me was what used to be a town. Once, people had paused here in their travels, and ranchers and farmers had bought and sold. People had been here. Had been. The wheels on the cars had stopped turning without fuel, and the neon signs on the buildings were dark without electricity to light them. Seventy five years of nothing had taken its toll; the entropy of time would not be denied. It was quiet here, just as quiet as the countryside. The wind blew, but very little creaked, because if something had been hung with care, it was now lying on the ground. The wind whistled its timeless tune through streets vacant of people.

One of the burros pulling my photography cart bobbed its head as I held its harness. "Yeah, Bluebell, I'm going." As I walked forward, the sound of the cart and the glass plates it carried bounced from building to building. I would be scrounging these buildings for more glass, cleaning it and cutting it to be used to make photographic pictures, like had first been done over 200 years before.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Common sense is not that common as my favourite teacher used to say.
    I once made some negative developer and needed a bottle and did not have one. After looking around I found an old apple juice bottleand put the developer in there.
    It was summer and warm and I wanted it to keep longer. I put it in the fridge!
    The next day my girlfriend comes home and is thirsty and takes a drink.
    That was about 12 years ago and she has developed into a lovely woman getting prettier from day to day.
    What was that formula again?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin