Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,384   Online: 1159

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    That's an interesting statement.

I wonder if that is why I'm always having a mental battle over my images. My right brain wants to create, but my left brain wants to get technical and prevent the right brain from doing things because they are not within the technical "rules".
    Andrew Wyeth said "if you can catch a moment before you begin to think, then you get something.”

Perhaps that's why so many artists take from their imaginations and dreams, because they can become easily stifled by the trappings of every day life - it becomes a battle of pragmatism. Some people feel they need to compartmentalize imagination and reality, I'm kind of that way, and the two never get a chance to meet. I think when they do, that's when the magic happens - which kind of goes for anything in life really. It is pretty crazy photography, on a basic level, it's a solution in search of a problem!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Andrew Wyeth said "if you can catch a moment before you begin to think, then you get something.”

I think that is quite possibly the best photographic quote I've read yet. I think I'll go research this Wyeth fella...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think that is quite possibly the best photographic quote I've read yet. I think I'll go research this Wyeth fella...
    He's a painter actually! Haha. Which is why I find it particularly interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh snap!

Wyeth's painting Christina's World was used as an inspiration piece for a painting I did in high school. Its long gone, and I don't know what happened to it, but I specifically remember explaining why this particular painting spoke to me and why I wanted to use it for inspiration.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    And that is Zen photography.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    And that is Zen photography.
    Think they make a class on that method???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh snap!

Wyeth's painting Christina's World was used as an inspiration piece for a painting I did in high school. Its long gone, and I don't know what happened to it, but I specifically remember explaining why this particular painting spoke to me and why I wanted to use it for inspiration.
    There is a building near here where I have been shamelessly trying to recreate that painting - minus Christina - for the last year or so. It has been a very educational series of failures.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin