Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,459   Online: 961

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Photographic Dreams and Nightmares

I don’t often have these, but last night I dreamt I was clearing out a darkroom cupboard and I came across a bottle of liquid wrapped in a dark bag. I started carrying it down a road and I could hear the liquid sloshing about which made me thirsty, so I opened the bag, unscrewed the top and drank some. At the same time I remembered it was Potassium Dichromate. I spat it out immediately, but the horror of such an act woke me from my nightmare.
    Do others ever dream such things?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting. I have flown, drown, and been buried alive in dreams but never drank poisons. For the erotic dreams I've lied and tol my wife it was her in the dream.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmm.
    cliveh - tell me about your childhood ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    For the erotic dreams I've lied and tol my wife it was her in the dream.
    I had a girlfriend who had a dream that I was in a swimming pool with another woman, and put my arm around the woman and smiled up at her, the girlfriend.
    For that I got the silent treatment for a full day and snippyness for nearly a week. And occasional reminders more than a year later. Note that she had the dream. Also note that she's an ex-GF.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...I always have dreams that I've dropped my camera (in a lake, off a cliff, etc.) or my darkroom went up in flames/submersed in water or all my negatives got stolen or destroyed. It's a huge relief when I wake up in the morning. Never dreamt of drinking the chemicals though. As a vegetarian of 11+ years, I often have dreams of eating big macs and stuff like that, but that's a whole other field of psycho analysis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    mine generally involve finding a load of lovely antique cameras that I can't quite get my hands on, a la alice chasing the egg around the knitting shop.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    hmm.
    cliveh - tell me about your childhood ...
    Quite happy generally, although when I was about 13, my father took me to a camera shop to buy me a camera. I suggested a Leica, but he bought me an Agfa Super Silette. That could say something!

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    there may be a deep-rooted problem here.
    You will need to come and see me every week for ninety minutes. It should not take more than four or five years to sort out, but my charges are quite reasonable (60 guineas an hour)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    while back i had a dream i was showing someone a photograph i made and i fell into it
    ... and couldn't get out. it was kind of nice.

from time to time i have dreams and the following day or days are exactly as i dreamt

never drank poison though ..

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    there may be a deep-rooted problem here.
    You will need to come and see me every week for ninety minutes. It should not take more than four or five years to sort out, but my charges are quite reasonable (60 guineas an hour)
    My California psychologist already has this in hand for a slightly reduced price to your suggestion.

Francis Bacon

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin