Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,569   Online: 1194

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    GAS can be a big problem for me.
    Ahhh, so film isn't the real issue, collecting is. You are a pack rat.

Most all of us fight with GAS a bit Ratty.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    There's no fighting involved!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film can be cheap: you can buy 90 meters of Polypan for 30 euros, you get empty film cassettes for free in any film lab. You develop in rodinal 1+100: cost are less than 2 euro cents / frame.
    I don't want to say it is a best film, but cheap it is: more than 2000 pictures for about 30-40 euros.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Ahhh, so film isn't the real issue, collecting is. You are a pack rat.

Yeah, GAS is pretty much a separate issue. The only thing worse than having GAS with digital is having GAS with digital AND film cameras.

I can't stop dreaming up ways to buy a new GF670 camera. I used to shoot 6 x 9 negatives long ago and the 6 x 4.5 negatives of my GA645 seem a bit tiny. The GF670 would almost get me back to where I used to be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Film can be cheap: you can buy 90 meters of Polypan for 30 euros, you get empty film cassettes for free in any film lab. You develop in rodinal 1+100: cost are less than 2 euro cents / frame.
    I don't want to say it is a best film, but cheap it is: more than 2000 pictures for about 30-40 euros.
    Never heard of Polypan and I'm guessing it is not likely found here in China.

Still those are good numbers.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    That's cheap, but Ratty is shooting MF, not 35mm. Yes, his shooting costs would go down if he shot 35mm, but he's nuts for a large negative, and so am I. I totally understand his desire for MF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can't afford to shoot as much as you do I suggest you use a more considered approach before making an exposure, which is what I tend to do when shooting roll film .
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, GAS is pretty much a separate issue. The only thing worse than having GAS with digital is having GAS with digital AND film cameras.

I can't stop dreaming up ways to buy a new GF670 camera. I used to shoot 6 x 9 negatives long ago and the 6 x 4.5 negatives of my GA645 seem a bit tiny. The GF670 would almost get me back to where I used to be.
    If you don't mind the weight, there are lots of 6x7 cameras on the used market. Check KEH for what they have in stock. Also, I've heard that Bronicas are available for cheap, too, but those are 6x6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If you can't afford to shoot as much as you do I suggest you use a more considered approach before making an exposure, which is what I tend to do when shooting roll film .
    This has become my approach also.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It is available in China. You can check taobao. There are plenty of discussions about how to buy this film from China, like this one:

http://www.douban.com/group/topic/32746957/

Also there are a lot of discussions about this film in China online forums, such as this:

http://forum.xitek.com/forum-viewthr...le-page-1.html

Never heard of Polypan and I'm guessing it is not likely found here in China.

Still those are good numbers.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin