Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,390   Online: 676

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    But to strike a blow for the model: Just because she doesn´t know film it does not necessarily mean she´s stupid. Just ignorant.How did Forrest Gumps mother used to say: stupid is as stupid does?
    True, but the way she responded is a strong indication of stupidity, either inherent or acquired.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Don't tempt me to a discussion of model intellect, it seems to swing between MIT grad to grade school dropout with no in between, makes you wonder...
    This is one of the most accurate thins I have ever read here. Much rather shoot with the PhD's though...
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Bulimia and hair dye seem to be a lethal combination as regards intellect.
    Bahahha!!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    But to strike a blow for the model: Just because she doesn´t know film it does not necessarily mean she´s stupid. Just ignorant.
    How did Forrest Gumps mother used to say: stupid is as stupid does?
    True, I don't know a thing about makeup... Or who cheated on who, and who ANY of the American idol / next top model "stars" are.

I'm ignorant too, our perception that this is less important is sadly relative. As much as I'd hate to admit it, to some, that is important stuff and film stuff is irrelevant and stupid..

Perspective and such...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Searust View Post
    This is one of the most accurate thins I have ever read here. Much rather shoot with the PhD's though...
    thanks.

And mostly, the PhD's tend to be easier to pose for me, but that's because I have a technical mind, not emotional, some models have a hard time understanding direction because I only tell them where to move their arm for example and not "how their arm feels" which is what one model got mad at me shoot, I didn't describe the emotion of the arm so she couldn't understand how to move it.

I'm sure some photogs find it easier to describe emotion and find PhD's to not move gracefully or lack emotion, so again, it's all relative to perspective.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    True, I don't know a thing about makeup... Or who cheated on who, and who ANY of the American idol / next top model "stars" are.

I'm ignorant too, our perception that this is less important is sadly relative. As much as I'd hate to admit it, to some, that is important stuff and film stuff is irrelevant and stupid..

Perspective and such...

~Stone

An intelligent person is aware of their ignorance, a stupid person is not - this is what makes them stupid.
    As Schiller said, "Mit der dummheit kampfen Goetter selbst vergebens (With stupidity the Gods themselves struggle in vain)" (from "The Maid of Orleans").
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 11-02-2012 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That must have been a very funny and somewhat frustrating interaction at the time. Reading the transcript, though, left me with a "that's not too surprising" reaction.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    That must have been a very funny and somewhat frustrating interaction at the time. Reading the transcript, though, left me with a "that's not too surprising" reaction.
    Exactly

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sometimes these youngens should be obscene and not heard -- where are the images?!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Sometimes these youngens should be obscene and not heard -- where are the images?!
    The conversation was yesterday, shoot is next week, then process and scan, it will be a while, remember... Film... Don't start thinking like the models.

Sometimes even when I say "film" people ask me "but can I see some of the pics please?" Like the back of the camera has a magical film window where you can see the images on the film "instant chrome" haha

Silly people...

~Stone

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin