Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,298   Posts: 1,535,735   Online: 829

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The conversation was yesterday, shoot is next week, then process and scan, it will be a while, remember... Film... Don't start thinking like the models.
    Hilariously funny (sorry, Vaughn)!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    A model in a studio I used to rent once asked me where the dressing room was,"next door and up the stairs" I replied, after about twenty minuets I went to look for her, she had gone outside into the street and climbed a twenty foot ladder that a workman had left leaning against a wall
    Now, that is funny.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    even being the only person in my high school that shoots film, most all the others know what it is.
    Minolta X-700, Nikon FM3A, Mamiya RB67 PRO-S

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis M View Post
    I mean my GF is 22...
    *High five*

And very funny model story. But bless her.

I've got one... Model walks into a darkroom, falls asleep.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha, that is ... wow. Just plain stupid. And funny. How does she not have a clue what film is? People that age, while young, are old enough to remember what "film" is. I've never come across somebody who didn't know what film was, unless they were really young. A 5 year old may not know what film is, and understandably so, but an 18 year old? Please. Only thing I can think of is really bad memory or just plain oblivious.

Thanks for the good laugh, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to say, many young people have little general knowledge, even after having gone through college. If it wasn't taught, they don't know it. I remember talking with a geology graduate and referred to the material on a slope as alluvium. He said "How do you know what alluvium is? Did you study it?" He was amazed that I regarded it as general knowledge.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

I know someone who is like that. Nice girl and intelligent enough but zero general knowledge. Anything not of direct immediate interest just whistles past her apparently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 8 year old nephews know what film is. Anyone over 15 who doesn't is either dumb as a rock, or has been living under one.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Model; "what's Film?"

Sadly, many do not want to know anything they don't have to know. Several friends are teachers, and the mood of the students has heavily shifted towards, "I don't want to know how it works, I just want to know the answer."

Their lives are geared around standardized tests, and the answers are all that matters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    My 12-year-old and my 16-year-old both know what film is. Not only that, they each have a film SLR.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin