Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,780   Online: 966

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did she ask what a "train" was?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Did she ask what a "train" was?
    No, but she also wasn't concerned that it was an active track, nor that I had to warn her not to touch both tracks at once in case they were actively electrified... Lol. All she cared about was it was cold and I only got 20 shots before she was too cold to shoot more lol

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    what a ditz...have you learned anything from working with such a dim-wit?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    All she cared about was it was cold and I only got 20 shots before she was too cold to shoot more lol
    Geez.. she's even too dumb to wear clothes outside when it's cold... and she wears high heels to walk on train tracks! But it appears she can read...
    Last edited by lxdude; 11-28-2012 at 04:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    It's amazing how little general knowledge many people have, even when much older than she. Schools don't encourage broad-based knowledge, and are teaching subjects more than encouraging learning. I know young people who got into Stanford and UC Berkeley who just don't know much generally. They learned their subjects in school and gave the right answers on tests, but are incurious. They are not unintelligent, but are uninquisitive. So they just lack a lot of "common knowledge".
    Last edited by lxdude; 11-28-2012 at 04:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Don't be so harsh, my Dad is a physicist and can't understand why others don't know the basic principals of quantum mechanics or string theory because to him THAT STUFF is common knowledge.

She delt with the cold and has been forgiven...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    It's amazing how little general knowledge many people have, even when much older than she. Schools don't encourage broad-based knowledge, and are teaching subjects more than encouraging learning. I know young people who got into Stanford and UC Berkeley who just don't know much generally. They learned their subjects in school and gave the right answers on tests, but are incurious. They are not unintelligent, but are uninquisitive. So they just lack a lot of "common knowledge".
    I certainly agree with that, it's pretty amazing what isn't common knowledge.

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I think it was Einstein who said that culture is what remains after you forgot all that you have learned.

In the case of these people knowing only what they were taught, I think it can be said that even if they knew much more they would remain ignorant.

Being cultivated, just like being ignorant, is a mindset.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I certainly agree with that, it's pretty amazing what isn't common knowledge.

~Stone

I was at a workshop last night where a psychiatrist was speaking on issues respecting capacity assessments for the elderly and the mentally infirm. One of the tests she was discussing required patients to draw a picture of a round clock face. I immediately thought of my nieces who, when they were pre-teen struggled to read the time from anything other than a digital clock.

They are now older, either university graduates or university students, and very competent in all sorts of ways, but I wonder if they would be challenged by the psychiatrist's test.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Model; "what's Film?"

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I was at a workshop last night where a psychiatrist was speaking on issues respecting capacity assessments for the elderly and the mentally infirm. One of the tests she was discussing required patients to draw a picture of a round clock face. I immediately thought of my nieces who, when they were pre-teen struggled to read the time from anything other than a digital clock.

They are now older, either university graduates or university students, and very competent in all sorts of ways, but I wonder if they would be challenged by the psychiatrist's test.
    Like this?

Hehe

~Stone

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin