Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,465   Online: 925

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Too many directions?

Damn, you guys should feel blessed. Nothing interesting around here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... around Tucson???? I did some of my best work, or at least some of my favorite work, around Tucson. Give or take 150 miles.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Too many directions?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I must have been going to the wrong weddings!
    Haha this was after the wedding, I posted a notice saying I was a traveling NY photographer and got hired by her on the day I was heading back so it worked out perfectly.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Too many directions?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... around Tucson???? I did some of my best work, or at least some of my favorite work, around Tucson. Give or take 150 miles.
    Well, give me 200 miles, and I get interested. Seems for me looking at something every day, kills my creative juices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim k View Post
    Damn, you guys should feel blessed. Nothing interesting around here.
    You are kidding right?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    ... You don't really think of Iowa as an awesome place to photograph, and neither did I, but then I opened my mind and realized that there's a LOT of stuff right here to work with.

I had this problem with Missouri when we moved here. Having grown up in Colorado and spent my adult life in Montana and Idaho, it's rather flat here. I seem to be doing a lot of stuff around campus.

Steve

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Too many directions?

Quote Originally Posted by scheimfluger_77 View Post
    I had this problem with Missouri when we moved here. Having grown up in Colorado and spent my adult life in Montana and Idaho, it's rather flat here. I seem to be doing a lot of stuff around campus.

Steve
    To be fair, Colorado is hard to compete with...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not as much for traditional landscapes as some people. I like desolate, almost empty places. I kind of seek them out. I think that being around two small children all the time makes me crave the peace and quiet that these places, and photographs of them, provide. I'd absolutely kill to photograph Death Valley. I also love abandoned factories, but since the one in town closed and so many people lost their jobs (including lots of my family and my husband) I haven't really had the desire to seek those out. I'm going to explore some really personal issues in the photographs I do next, so I think that doing the 'Middle of Nowhere' project right after will help me decompress.

I need to get the basement cleaned up so that I can set up the first shot. For some of these shots I'm going to need someone who can trip the shutter for me (it has to be me in the photographs), and for others I'm going to need models.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scheimfluger_77 View Post

Steve
    I don't know the middle of the state too well, but over on the western edge there are some scruffy little towns that photograph well in my experience. Not a lot of Grand Sweeping Ansel Adams Landscapes, though.

My great-grandfather was a serious landscape photographer who did basically his whole life's work within a day's drive of KC. Lots of trees and rivers, lots of light, lots of seasons, but not a helluva lot of topography in his images.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephanie:

It occurs to me that you could probably do some interesting abstracts with yarn/knitting and a macro lens.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin