Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,680   Online: 1126

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kool-Aid was used, too, but I had better luck with Wilton's and McCormick plus either citric acid or vinegar, so I just went with that. I now dye with Washfast by Pro Chemical and Dye.

Another interesting idea would be to tightly knit a square, coat that with emulsion, and print onto that. I kind of wonder what that would look like on bare wool.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    If heated afterwards (microwave works, I think), Kool-Aid will dye wool. I have a raspberry beret from the 80's that has raspberry Kool-Aid (and some cherry and blueberry 'cause the color wasn't quite right at first). No idea what Kool-Aid and heat would do to film, though. jnanian? tried that, yet?
    Indigo works on just about everything (including the stuff you're not trying to dye).
    hey beth
    yep i have used kool-aid
    but opted out since it had so much sugar and it smelled
    fruity when i was done
    food coloring took too much, to make it a concentrate that worked
    reed dye seemed to work best of all the weird stuff i tried
    but i am sure there are other things that work well too ....

one of these days i will try encaustic painting on prints ...
    wax and paints seems easy and fun

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin