Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,732   Online: 818

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    I put a few thousand rolls of film through my Hasselblads and never once printed square.

I can appreciate square but somehow I just never printed that way.

In fact with digital sensors I like printing full frame 35mm more than I did back in the old days when I shot Hasselblad and printed 16x20. Seem to really like 16x24.

Maybe it's just a phase.
    Don't you mean 24 X 36?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Don't you mean 24 X 36?
    16x24 is the same 3:2 aspect ratio of 35mm.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    16x24 is the same 3:2 aspect ratio of 35mm.
    Yes, but not 35mm in size.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format
    time always changes things.
    often i will put aside negatives that i thought were bad
    photographs, but down the road with different eyes i will usually think they are good.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've stopped looking at my photographs as bad, or good, and I treat them as sketches. Most of them are trial images to see if I am seeing what I think I am, and a lot of times they aren't. But, as with most of us, I try to learn something from all of them, even those that are less-than-successful. And I am reminded of Mike Johnston's comment, (of The Online Photographer fame,) that your contact sheets suck, and so did HCB's, and Gary Winogrand's, and everybody else's. It's part of the nature of the game.

Just my $0.02 worth.

With best regards,

Steve

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin