Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,039   Online: 785

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any plans to expand your photographic horizons in 2013?

I hope all APUGers have had a wonderful 2012 photographic year. I got into 2 local shows this year and traveled to South East Asian and shot a lot of film. I'm still printing the negs. For 2013, I want to get into more shows and explore alternative processes. Don't know where my photographic journey is going to take me, but I'm interested where it's going to take me. If I'm lucky, I'll find a fork in the road.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations on your success! How are you planning to expand shows—by approaching more, or working through intermediaries, galleries?
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent! I'm glad to hear you've had some success!

I don't have time to participate in any shows or anything of that nature. Being full time employed, and being a full time student, there isn't much time to pursue or develop anything. So I print a lot of old and new negatives when time allows, but I stick to old and tried methods, keeping things simple so that there is as little testing involved as possible.
    Taking that concept of simplicity further, I plan on continuing to 'stick to my guns' and use mostly my Hasselblad and the Leica M2, with Tri-X film, Xtol developer, Ilford MGIV paper and Ethol LPD paper developer. Some lith printing too, I hope, using up my pretty large stash of old papers that lend themselves well to the process. This gives me a lot more time to simply focus on taking pictures, and developing portfolios.
    When I'm done with school, a couple of years down the road, I plan on hitting the photography really hard. For now, I'm idling, but at least keeping the engine running.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just realised this post was an open question about photographic plans. Well, I'm also planning to print more, photograph more, and stick with the same trusty 4x5 equipment I've been using for 12 years, though I doubt I'll stop upgrading my darkroom. I will also attend one, maybe two workshops in US West Coast, and I hope to blog about that afterwards. I know I need to reach out more to the gallery world. I am also slowly working on a second book, hopefully for 2014, or just after, and an exhibition to go with that. In the meantime, my other profession should keep me busy 60% of the time, leaving the rest to pursue my photography.

Above all, I would like to start sharing my experience, and whatever I have learned so far with others, and so I am looking forward to meeting more often with other analogue photographers, mainly in Ireland, where I live, but perhaps also on my journeys. It would be nice to meet some of you, in person, one day.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a project planned for 2013 to use a different camera/lens/film setup each month. Hopefully in addition to whatever time I can get for "normal" shooting. I'm hoping to stress different areas of photography like macro and flash and still life work. Probably choose one thing and stress it for the month.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a humble hobbyist, my goals are not so high, but they do mean exploring completely new and unfamiliar territory and learning to use some of the huge pile of equipment I recently acquired. Being a brand new grandparent, portraiture will be a big part of this. This will mean studying portrait setup and technique, shooting more with the Mamiya C33 and studio lights. I also want to start shooting and processing C-41.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will try to print 60x60cm but I lack the containers to process b&w and color at that size . Maybe McGiver some solutions and perhaps get to show some prints at a local gallery?
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Life gets in the way of photography

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    When I'm done with school, a couple of years down the road, I plan on hitting the photography really hard. For now, I'm idling, but at least keeping the engine running.
    Yes life gets in the way of photography. I have a people depending on me. Hopefully, when I retire, I'll also hit photography hard also.

Good luck with your studies Thomas.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I have signed up for a George Eastman House workshop in scheduled for March. "How to make silver bromide emulsion". I plan to coat my own glass plates for re-enacting events.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have a show in Calgary in Feb 2013, I am working on LA and Vancouver next.
    I just finished a web presence to back up my portfolio and about to send this portfolio west and all points afterwords.
    I hope to get as many chances to show my work as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin