Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,700   Online: 1215

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    "way back in 1995." That was just a few days ago to most of us!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    (people are paranoid about their privacy today)
    Yet most of these people post countless information on Farcebook, who don't really give a hooting toot's flute about YOUR privacy and intellectual property*

to the OP, maybe next time, make ringing sounds, and answer your camera like a phone, talk a bit, and after you "hang up" say aloud "S*** I missed the shot!!!" and then turn to them and say....."THAT'S WHY"

*which is why I only post horrible looking cellphone "images" on there, doubt even they will want to steal those.....
    Last edited by Ricus.stormfire; 12-16-2012 at 08:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: cellphones don't take photos, just "images"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    "way back in 1995." That was just a few days ago to most of us!
    1983 (when I left school) seems like a few days ago to me.

Time is weird. When I was at High School (1978 to 1983) if anyone mentioned the 1960s, it seemed like ages ago, e.g. a song from 1969 mentioned in 1979 was only ten years old but seemed almost as distant as WWII. Now the 1980s and 1990s seem so recent despite being 30-40 years ago.

Or perhaps I'm just old!

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricus.stormfire View Post
    Yet most of these people post countless information on Farcebook, who don't really give a hooting toot's flute about YOUR privacy and intellectual property*
    The misconception is everything on Facebook is completely accessible to strangers. Only if you leave the windows and doors open, so to speak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The misconception is everything on Facebook is completely accessible to strangers. Only if you leave the windows and doors open, so to speak.
    Yes, but most folks do leave them open...... and with Facepoop changing their Privacy settings every two weeks (not really though) it might slip by some. They like changing it to default "share with the whole world".

general rule of thumb, if you don't want anybody/everybody to know, don't post it on Fakebook/Internet
    Last edited by Ricus.stormfire; 12-16-2012 at 09:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricus.stormfire View Post
    Yes, but most folks do leave them open...... and with Facepoop changing their Privacy settings every two weeks (not really though) it might slip by some. They like changing it to default "share with the whole world".

general rule of thumb, if you don't want anybody/everybody to know, don't post it on Fakebook/Internet
    I agree that people generally LOVE to make an exhibition of themselves and probably subconsciously leave things open. But honestly, when it comes to intellectual property, which is besides the point of this discussion really, my own photos (only upload iPhone pix myself) are generally too abstract in nature - certainly not stock photography material. People who make contrived decorative pictures are generally setting themselves up for it and they deserve everything they get for their lack of aesthetic judgment in the first place. Here's a bit of twisted logic - if you don't want your pictures stolen, make better pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    1983 (when I left school) seems like a few days ago to me.

Time is weird. When I was at High School (1978 to 1983) if anyone mentioned the 1960s, it seemed like ages ago, e.g. a song from 1969 mentioned in 1979 was only ten years old but seemed almost as distant as WWII. Now the 1980s and 1990s seem so recent despite being 30-40 years ago.

Or perhaps I'm just old!

Steve.
    No you are not old. Actually I told a little untruth I brought my first camera in 1997. That was long ago for me because that was when I took my first photos and started photographing.
    I was a late starter, I was 26 years old.
    So relatively speaking it was long ago in terms of my photographic career.
    My brain and my way of thoughts are still in the 1980's.

Shooter
    35mm
    Speaking of privacy issues, I'm always amazed at the number of seemingly paranoid members of the Forum that won't even put the State (or even country) they live in in their profile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Speaking of privacy issues, I'm always amazed at the number of seemingly paranoid members of the Forum that won't even put the State (or even country) they live in in their profile.
    Sssssh! Even paranoids have enemies!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    (people are paranoid about their privacy today)
    But they will blab on the cell phone so loudly that everyone can hear their business two blocks away!

I was in the doctor's waiting room and a young woman was making one loud long call after another even though there is a sign posted asking that cell phones be turned off because they interfere with the medical instruments. I finally asked her to get off the telephone or leave. I got a rude answer, so I raised my voice and said "Your f*cking life is not interesting! Shut the f*ck up!" She complained on the telephone that I was being rude and that she had to get off the telephone because of me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin