Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,957   Online: 779

Shooter
    35mm

Working with other photographer to offset modeling costs

Greetings,

After a 12 year self imposed absence of shooting nudes I've been giving it some serious though at jumping back into the arena again. Checking a modeling site, (MM) I was shocked at the fees the models were asking for an hour of shoot time. Looks like $75-100 is the going rate for full nude art type shoot. Was thinking of maybe getting 2 or 3 photographers together with common shooting styles and goals to divide the fee and make it a bit more manageable. Any thoughts, good or bad working with others in a group setting. Anyone that may be interested in talking I'm located in the Baltimore area.

Thanks..

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    That's what people often do-- see if there is a group that may already meet in your area that has a studio or regular space to meet. Here in Austin there is at least 3 different groups and you can find them on Meet Up, Yahoo groups, and MM.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like "Meetup" here in Baltimore is more geared towards a workshop format in a studio enviroment. Would also rather shoot with others still shooting film and outdoors.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin