Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,839   Online: 1063

View Poll Results: What is THE LIMIT of appropriate subject matter for APUG

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only Ansel Adams type scenery

5 7.25%
  • Above+ some portraits and kittens are ok

3 4.35%
  • Above+ a FEW scenes of the real world like semi harsh news - occupy wall street / hoarders home

3 4.35%
  • Above+ Implied Nude girls holding flowers & sunlight, light war destroyed structures, no people

1 1.45%
  • Above+ Full Nude but no lower genitals showing and only smiles, sad images of hungry orphans

8 11.59%
  • Above+ Full Nude w/ genitals exposed, Vietnam starving naked children in street, birth w/ crowning

12 17.39%
  • Above+ Full Nude w/ macro shots of vaginas & penises, dead warriors in piles on a battlefield

37 53.62%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Since the membership can't actually remove your images, I would call that "criticism" rather than "censorship."
    No one better criticize ME, because I'm better than everyone. :-P

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Since the membership can't actually remove your images, I would call that "criticism" rather than "censorship."
    Nobody censored you. Your entire problem seems to be that people didn't like your picture and the way it was presented, or see in it what you did. That not only seems to be criticism, but could be considered useful criticism.

I saw a thread elsewhere that showed lots of people think you should only leave positive comments on pictures. That is one of the things I most dislike about Flickr, the barrage of back pats regardless of merit. That sort of mutual admiration society seems pretty useless to me. Hopefully there is some middle ground of civil discourse; more likely to happen here than on most of the net. I think if somebody really steps out of line here, others will come to your defense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree totally with David. And, I have to restate the fact that I have seen just about everything in the poll posted here by someone.

Much ado about nothing but a mediocre to bad photo.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just glad sly posted, so if necessary I can stop referring to "she".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I'm just glad sly posted, so if necessary I can stop referring to "she".
    ... and now you can refer to "her".

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I wrote a post yesterday but deleted it before I posted but the jist was the same as P.E.

After reading this thread it should occur to anyone that the internet allows free access to anyone, regardless of their problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

Much ado about nothing but a mediocre to bad photo.

PE

That's really a harsh comment for someone's work, no matter how much you don't like the image....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's really harsh because the second part somehow got left out,

"and here's why I think so..."

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought this was settled years ago when a member posted a shot of a rather "happy" male appendage.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    That's really a harsh comment for someone's work, no matter how much you don't like the image....
    I also said IMHO, qualifying it to my own opinion! I am entitled to one, am I not? There are some excellent photos here that I have really given kudos to as well, but Stone asked for opinions in a thread.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin