Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,989   Online: 887

View Poll Results: What is THE LIMIT of appropriate subject matter for APUG

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only Ansel Adams type scenery

5 7.25%
  • Above+ some portraits and kittens are ok

3 4.35%
  • Above+ a FEW scenes of the real world like semi harsh news - occupy wall street / hoarders home

3 4.35%
  • Above+ Implied Nude girls holding flowers & sunlight, light war destroyed structures, no people

1 1.45%
  • Above+ Full Nude but no lower genitals showing and only smiles, sad images of hungry orphans

8 11.59%
  • Above+ Full Nude w/ genitals exposed, Vietnam starving naked children in street, birth w/ crowning

12 17.39%
  • Above+ Full Nude w/ macro shots of vaginas & penises, dead warriors in piles on a battlefield

37 53.62%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Come on people, can't we just all get along?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am thinking this whole incident has very little to do with the image itself (which I thought was pretty good to excellent) but it has everything to do with what people thought the photographer meant by that image. It didn't help the title didn't accurately describe the photographers intent and things that were said in an unrelated thread weren't received well.

I fully agree with Stone, some of the things said on this thread and the gallery were needlessly hurtful. I have no problems with people expressing how they don't like the image. There are a lot of ways to say that....

By the way.... I am guessing the model is fully aware of her condition and still decided to participate in the shoot. I applaud her for that. I hope she gets well and moves on with her chosen occupation.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Censorship and judgement on APUG and in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Come on people, can't we just all get along?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    I am thinking this whole incident has very little to do with the image itself (which I thought was pretty good to excellent) but it has everything to do with what people thought the photographer meant by that image. It didn't help the title didn't accurately describe the photographers intent and things that were said in an unrelated thread weren't received well.

I fully agree with Stone, some of the things said on this thread and the gallery were needlessly hurtful. I have no problems with people expressing how they don't like the image. There are a lot of ways to say that....

By the way.... I am guessing the model is fully aware of her condition and still decided to participate in the shoot. I applaud her for that. I hope she gets well and moves on with her chosen occupation.
    Thanks for the compliment and to the first paragraph +1 because that's exactly accurate, at least someone understood.

However it's now sort of settled and I think I've learned something, if nothing else, explain yourself better if you make highly abstract titles...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    The Internet is an interesting place. One must realize that it is in practice the foulest version of democracy, the version where ignorance is equal to knowledge, facts are arrived at by consensus, and anonymity or distance guarantees righteousness.

I don't worry much about it. This is a good Internet community, one of the best you will find, but it is still the Internet. You can get a lot out of it, but when you stand up it goes away. It is not real for most intents and purposes.
    +1

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Internet is an interesting place. One must realize that it is in practice the foulest version of democracy, the version where ignorance is equal to knowledge, facts are arrived at by consensus, and anonymity or distance guarantees righteousness.

I don't worry much about it. This is a good Internet community, one of the best you will find, but it is still the Internet. You can get a lot out of it, but when you stand up it goes away. It is not real for most intents and purposes.
    Best post in years...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Janana makes some nice pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format

To paraphrase Tom Lehrer...
    The internet is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't sweat it Stone. The conversations on APUG are probably 99% gear related. Most people coming here are not interested in discussing "art" or any other subjects relation to the finished product. Unless of course it's about what concentration of XYZ toner you used etc. This is not meant to be a harsh condemnation of APUG, certainly not. Another member years ago tried to encourage discussions about "art" etc and he left in total frustration. I just loved his parting shot "we could all eat shit and die". Too funny! I love APUG, it's a great community and one of the best when you have gear or process questions. Just don't expect any intellectual discussions when it comes to photography. Not to say there aren't people here that can and do offer intelligent commentary, but generally the signal to noise ration is pretty bad. Just take a look at the huge number of views for any nude photograph and that gives you a pretty accurate indication of the relative maturity/sophistication of many members.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric, speak for yourself!

Most are process, photo related IMHO.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin