Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,252   Online: 1044

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    ... However I see so many images in the APUG gallery that are either generally crappy compositions, pedestrian subject matter, and/or poorly exposed ...
    Let's take it all down to the root of the problem. Master photographer vs amateurs. I think an accurate paraphrase here is, "Look at all of these amateurs! They're ... they're ... amateurs! Why can't they be like that master photographer over there? Look here, a picture of a cat! And another one! And it's lith printed, photographed with IR using a Holga!"

Gee, I'm having a Visine moment here. Oh, my dry eyes. Not a tear in them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Re: Rant time: Artistic expession vs lith prints

lith doesnt do anything for me...but thats my take....for me its simply about the light...yesterday i saw some original art by charles gatewood and they blew me away...went to a book show today and now people are starting to do gravure...oy vey as my mom would say...!!!....it aint the process its the content...does it hold up or not..!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    website down for maintenance!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin