Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,312   Online: 730

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

NUDES: aesthetic?, erotic?, literal? ... or singularly apathetic?

Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    it really is stricking to witness how many Italian-Americans (I am half Sardinian) are so (willfully) ignorant of anything authentically Italian. But, maybe with those words I have overstepped my boundary. One is sometimes not supposed to tell the truth if that truth becomes so personally revealing. Yes, indeed, Brian, it truly is appalling.

But, folks, to those possibly offended: Americanism is not a religion. - David Lyga
    Like reminding racist Sicilians that they are part black? (I say black instead African as I'm not sure where the slaves that took over were originally from, forgive my ignorance)

Hehe...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    á = Alt+ 0225 on Windows keyboards
    That's very good for Spanish but not for Italian or as they say "close, but no cigar" .

In Italian the "e" can have, depending on the word, both the accento grave (as in "è", "caffè", "tè", "narghilè" etc.) and the accento acuto (as in "poiché", "perché", "finché", "senonché" ecc.).

All other vowels can only have the accento grave. ò à ù ì.

Therefore: la "pietà" di Michelangelo (Alt + 0224)

http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Middle age sculpture does not indulge into nudity as subsequent sculpture.
    Michelangelo is just one of a long string of artists who celebrated Man as a divine creature as it is, its form being his beauty and his glory, be it in the bloom of youth or in the decay of old age. That's all Umanesimo, putting God-created Man at the centre of creation and at the centre of attention and interest, Man as the highest creation of God, and for that reason sacred in itself.

Omnia munda mundis, all is pure for the pure of mind (and consequently all is dirty for the dirty of mind).

Those who only think about sex end up being "puritans".

In "Sacred and Profane Love" by Titian who impersonates the "sacred" love and who impersonates "profane"?
    The answer is inside yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_and_Profane_Love
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Only minds are dirty.
    I've been to Florence. Oooo, David got back too.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been to Las Vegas and the David replica in Caeser's "got hat", too, if you go during the Black Hat Conference!

Shooter
    35mm
    Grazie, Diapositivo, per zero, due, due, quattro. Solo quando si comprende tuttle le lingue si può fare questo accento correttamente. Ma, ho provato questo e non succede nulla diversa da quella pagina si sposta! - Davide Lyga

Thank you, Diapositivo, for the zero, two, two, four. Only when one understands all the languages can one make this accent correctly. But, I have tried this and nothing happens other than the page shifts! - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, Stone, there is a DECIDED difference between the mindsets of Sicilians and Sardinians. A truly decided difference!!!

The Sardinian language is VERY different from Italian, so different that Sardinians are taught the Tuscany (purest) dialect of Italian in school and, thus, speak perfect Italian, without regional accent. My grandmother who came through Ellis Island at age nine, in 1919, spoke English without any accent, spoke (Tuscany) Italian perfectly, and, of course, spoke Sardinian (to my grandfather, born 1894!, who did not bother to learn English very well).

I saw all this go into motion perfectly, and in sync, when she took me (and my grandfather) to Italy for my high school graduation in 1968 in order to visit relatives in both Sardinia and Rome. Getting through Rome's Fiumicino Airport customs with about SIX CARTONS of Marlboros was achieved through vociferous arguing with the customs guard and ending up with him getting a few quick pack of cigarettes and letting us though, unimpeded, and without due remorse. - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 02-12-2013 at 09:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    Yes, Stone, there is a DECIDED difference between the mindsets of Sicilians and Sardinians. A truly decided difference!!!

The Sardinian language is VERY different from Italian, so different that Sardinians are taught the Tuscany (purest) dialect of Italian in school and, thus, speak perfect Italian, without regional accent. My grandmother who came through Ellis Island at age nine, in 1919, spoke English without any accent, spoke (Tuscany) Italian perfectly, and, of course, spoke Sardinian (to my grandfather, born 1894!, who did not bother to learn English very well).

I saw all this go into motion perfectly, and in sync, when she took me (and my grandfather) to Italy for my high school graduation in 1968 in order to visit relatives in both Sardinia and Rome. Getting through Rome's Fiumicino Airport customs with about SIX CARTONS of Marlboros was achieved through vociferous arguing with the customs guard and ending up with him getting a few quick pack of cigarettes and letting us though, unimpeded, and without due remorse. - David Lyga
    haha great story, those Airport agents are a funny bunch, post 9-11, I was allowed to bring my swiss army knife on board, but was forced to dump my newly bought starbucks coffee... go figure... glad to be kept safe from burnt coffee spilling on my lap...
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 02-12-2013 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot some words in between...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    haha great story, those Airport agents are a funny bunch, post 9-11, I was allowed to bring my swiss army knife on board, but was forced to dump my newly bought starbucks coffee... go figure... glad to be kept safe from burnt coffee spilling on my lap...
    stone

you obviously don't remember the mcd's law suit ?
    maybe your hot coffee was hot, and they were saving you from yourself

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    stone

you obviously don't remember the mcd's law suit ?
    maybe your hot coffee was hot, and they were saving you from yourself
    I remember the McDonalds law suit, it wasn't that, they said I might have some kind of bomb liquid in my mug, the funny part is, it was a metal thermous style mug, so, after emptying it, they let me on... yet... I could have hid liquid inside the layers of the thermos part ... idiots... AND you missed the point... which is they let me take a swiss army knife onto the plane... AFTER the 9-11 disaster... and they only had plastic knives... kind of dumb ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin