Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,483   Online: 1001

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I remember the McDonalds law suit, it wasn't that, they said I might have some kind of bomb liquid in my mug, the funny part is, it was a metal thermous style mug, so, after emptying it, they let me on... yet... I could have hid liquid inside the layers of the thermos part ... idiots... AND you missed the point... which is they let me take a swiss army knife onto the plane... AFTER the 9-11 disaster... and they only had plastic knives... kind of dumb ...
    If you are expecting arbitrary government regulation to make some kind of sense, you haven't really been around the block.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    Grazie, Diapositivo, per zero, due, due, quattro. Solo quando si comprende tuttle le lingue si pu˛ fare questo accento correttamente. Ma, ho provato questo e non succede nulla diversa da quella pagina si sposta! - Davide Lyga

Thank you, Diapositivo, for the zero, two, two, four. Only when one understands all the languages can one make this accent correctly. But, I have tried this and nothing happens other than the page shifts! - David Lyga
    David,

Go to any dictionary-type website and type in the word you're trying to spell. Doesn't matter if it's butchered. The site should select some differing alternate spellings and words and the one you want, with the needed correct accent, should be displayed. Then use your mouse to cut just the letter and paste it into your document.

I have used this method without fail for years; never used a desktop app or widget to select an accented letter. Try www.dictionary.com. The character site already listed is a rich source as well.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    35mm
    I know that I am not 'semi-ambivalent' about that response, semi-ambivalent. You have just achieved that which the high-tech crowd was never able to achieve: common sense!

This is the kind of response that I truly cherish: elegant, eloquent, enduring, endearing! How I love the nascent, low tech, uncomplicated daring on your part. And if it happens to be the wrong size or font, simply change it. Even I know how to do that! Again, thank you.

And, by the way, STONE: if you could have heard the arguing at Fiumicino Airport you would have thought that she was HIS boss! - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 02-12-2013 at 03:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, a photographer that I know seems to have a specific vision about nudes. There was an opening of his exhibition recently and it was... well... in style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbE6NvJSxk

Shooter
    35mm
    I know that I am not 'semi-ambivalent' about that response, semi-ambivalent. You have just achieved that which the high-tech crowd was never able to achieve: common sense!

This is the kind of response that I truly cherish: elegant, eloquent, enduring, endearing! How I love the nascent, low tech, uncomplicated daring on your part. And if it happens to be the wrong size or font, simply change it. Even I know how to do that! Again, thank you.

And, by the way, STONE: if you could have heard the arguing at Fiumicino Airport you would have thought that she was HIS boss! - David Lyga
    Don't forget you can create a document of your own with a collection of all your needed characters, save it and you can bypass the internet part altogether.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    If you are expecting arbitrary government regulation to make some kind of sense, you haven't really been around the block.
    Hehe... no no, I wasn't surprised that this happened so much as baffled at the idiocy of it all... and yes this is typical government business I suppose...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Hehe, well, women... scorned..(or even just a bit annoyed) you know the drill ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you, Diapositivo, for the zero, two, two, four. Only when one understands all the languages can one make this accent correctly. But, I have tried this and nothing happens other than the page shifts! - David Lyga
    You have to lock the numeric keypad for "numbers", in my keyboard this is done with the "Bloc Num" which is in the upper-left position of the numeric keypad. You probably also have a LED on the keyboard signalling the block.

After you do that, you keep Alt pressed and you dial the number and you should obtain the character.

On certain keyboards you can also use the numbers in the first row (above the QWERTY row).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, Diapositivo, I did this and get an 'a' with the proper accent (when I finally release the ALT). How do I get the 'e' with the proper accent. Semi-ambivalant's answer is more understandable to me. But I would like to know both ways.

I will do this again: NUM LOCK lit, then: ALT (remains pressed) then 0224. Result? Ó (this is what I got after releasing the ALT after typing in 0224). - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 02-13-2013 at 08:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can find the "Alt codes" at this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/timothydrew/altkeys.html

As said, "e" can have both accents in Italian.
    Ŕ is obtained with Alt - 0232
    Ú is obtained with Alt - 0233

The best thing is to print a table and keep it ready on the (physical) desktop, the alt codes are very fast, faster than making all the copy-and-paste from another page, especially considering that after a while they can be learned by memory.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin