Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,547   Online: 988

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, sorry, just an example of the extremity of people's sensitivity about the use of their image (likeness) today. If cepwin comes across as sincere in wanting to reconnect these people with their past, it shouldn't be a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting thread

Short and swee...

It is my understanding that whether or not you have someone pose for you, you should not post or otherwise use their image for profit without a signed release.

Note: Profit can mean money, notoriety, fame or any gain by you.

If however you were to take a photo of a crowd or otherwise unrecognizable people (you have not zeroed in on any individual or assembly) you can go ahead and sell the image. Now along comes JQ Public and says, "I did not give you permission to sell my picture", you are still OK since there is no way to prove you sold the photo just to sell JQ's image.

If you were to take a picture of a group of bowlers recognizable as the "Jets Bowling Team" for example, you do need a signed release.

I believe this comes to play when you publish, but not for profit, photos of unknown subjects found on film in a camera you purchased.
    Sometimes I'm Brilliant but most times I'm Just Myself!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    There are only two types of photographers today, in the eyes of others - sex offenders and artists.
    Three... you missed out terrorists!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They should give that woman in the Simpsons a new catchphrase; "won't someone PLEASE launch a public inquiry!". Incidentally, I had a dream about horses last night. Is this the first sign?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    I had a dream about horses last night. Is this the first sign?
    Neigh... It just means you've been eating too many cheap ready-meals & burgers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Neigh... It just means you've been eating too many cheap ready-meals & burgers.
    Lasagna....
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm
    [OFF TOPIC]

Although I think producers should indicate exactly what kind of meat is contained in their lasagne/burgers etc. I would like to spend a word in favour of horse meat.

In my country, horse meat is the typical thing that a doctor would prescribe to a weak child. When I was a child (that was not yesterday) you could easily find horse meat at butchers.

During the "mad cow" scare horse meat reappeared in restaurant menus. I remember a horse steak during a lunch break. Delicious, if you like the "sweety" tone.

Once upon a time you could still find "coppiette", a kind of hot dried sausage which was typically made with horse or donkey meat in a certain percentage (not too high because it would become too sweet I guess). Mortadella (probably known as Bologna somewhere) was also, once upon a time, made in part with horse or donkey meat.

Nowadays horse meat became too expensive, so you don't find it commonly any more. Mortadella and coppiette are only to be found of pork. That's a loss, I say.

http://civesromanussum.blogspot.it/2...coppiette.html

[/OFF TOPIC]
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 02-18-2013 at 08:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Although I think producers should indicate exactly what kind of meat is contained in their lasagne/burgers etc. I would like to spend a word in favour of horse meat.

In my country, horse meat is the typical thing that a doctor would prescribe to a weak child. When I was a child (that was not yesterday) you could easily find horse meat at butchers.
    I personally don't eat any meat. However, if you are going to eat pigs, sheep and cows, I don't see how a horse is any different.

The main problem with the horse meat in supposed beef products is just the fact that it shouldn't be there and is not included on the ingredients.

It's quite common to have strange ingredients in things. My son bought some pork sauasages from a supermarket a few years ago which contained 75% chicken. Whilst this also does not sound right for something which is supposed to be pork, it was listed on the ingredients label.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    AndreasT: I think that banning is not what we are trying to impart here.

Instead, common sense and a personal respect for another person's privacy is mandated through the concept of consideration for others. You know, I could never understand why there has to be a formal 'law' in order for people to act responsibly. It is almost as if such people who 'need' such law were brought up by excessively permissive parents and are only now, in life, coming to the realization that there really are 'rules' out there that should be followed which are not strictly legislated under formal jurisprudence. Why is that concept so alien? - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    You know, I could never understand why there has to be a formal 'law' in order for people to act responsibly.
    There shouldn't need to be... but that has been the situation since the days when we were cavemen. And please don't blame "permissive parents"; that's a real cop-out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin