Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,521   Posts: 1,543,798   Online: 813

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    The answer is at 1:19 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptTwi6-ii-s
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    My kids simply became my main photographic subject! I'm sure you'll find your path as a parent and photographer even if at times it feels that the photography is on the back burner for awhile.
    Same with me. At 15 one of mine is less willing... and miss having him as a frequent photographic subject a lot. Rocks, trees, and abandon buildings just aren't as much fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    I feel wounded.

I feel that with the exception of holiday periods, my days of adventure are behind me...at least until they are old enough to come with me and trek 15 miles. So about another 9 years then!

Enjoy the 1 week period between when they're old enough to do it and then when they're old enough not to want to do it.

Seriously, if they're motivated (i.e. something they find interesting and not forced upon them) you'd be surprised how much they can handle at a young age.

Oh, by the way, your parents probably did tell you, but you weren't listening. (again )
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kids - nobody told me it would be this hard...on me or my photography trips!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Same with me. At 15 one of mine is less willing... and miss having him as a frequent photographic subject a lot. Rocks, trees, and abandon buildings just aren't as much fun.
    Put him in some cool clothes and bing him to an abandoned building and tell him of he does this and posts the pics on Facebook that all the girls will want him...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ha ha. The scary thing is that he doesn't need my help to get the attention of girls, and he never has.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Ha ha. The scary thing is that he doesn't need my help to get the attention of girls, and he never has.
    Oi!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kids, once my wife and I found out what caused them, we stopped
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Enjoy them while you can. They're worth every bit of effort you put into them, and when they grow up, the things they remember about their younger years won't be the things you remember. Your life is changing, yes, but many of the things you did before, you can do with children...just at a slower pace. And all those things you *didn't* get to do as a kid yourself, well, this is the perfect excuse to try them! Nobody will say a word when you get up on the merry-go-round to hold your child on :-) They'll probably call you a "good dad".

...and kid hugs are the best!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vaughn - that first image is one of my favorite ever.

I enjoy images of childhood just about as much as anything else there is ... Kids are about as real a subject as you will ever shoot. Do what Suzanne and I do - just turn the camera to them and get some inspiration!

Mine are 4 and 11 and don't even pause when I pull the car over and exit saying "just one second - have to get a photograph of this"... my husband is even tolerating it now (it only took 15 years).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Vaughn - that first image is one of my favorite ever.

I enjoy images of childhood just about as much as anything else there is ... Kids are about as real a subject as you will ever shoot. Do what Suzanne and I do - just turn the camera to them and get some inspiration!

Mine are 4 and 11 and don't even pause when I pull the car over and exit saying "just one second - have to get a photograph of this"... my husband is even tolerating it now (it only took 15 years).
    Haha lucky, I've found that my shooting suffers when my GF is with me as I'm rushing and not thinking about the shot like I should. I guess I'll get used to that too.

~Stone

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin