Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,379   Online: 752

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    I feel wounded.

I'm blessed to have my two young kids - at one point we thought we wouldn't be able to have any. But my god, they're sapping the life out of me. Pre-kids, I used to go to work all week and then get up early at the weekends with my cameras and try and capture some early morning shots out in the great outdoors. I loved it - the morning air, the peace, the sounds of nature and of course the light. But these days (one 4 year old, one 1.5 yrs old), I'm that exhausted at the end of a day that the prospect of ruining my sleep-in the next day (and by sleep-in, I mean 07:00...no later than that unfortunately, no matter what the day of the week is) to get out and capture some photos just doesn't do it anymore. I can't fatham the strength.

I feel that with the exception of holiday periods, my days of adventure are behind me...at least until they are old enough to come with me and trek 15 miles. So about another 9 years then!

Photographs of your kids will, in the end, prove to be more valuable to you than anything you leave the house to photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I doesn't get any easier Ted when they get older, and when they become teenagers they'll tell you brought them up all wrong, but you never stop being a parent and worrying about them no matter how old they get, our sons are middle aged and we still worry.
    +1

Images
    If you think photography trips are a pain try fishing. I also flyfish and with two little boys "fishing too" I never get a line wet.

My oldest used to go on photo trips with when he was a toddler. Except for the diaper changes and learning it was alright to pee in the weeds we had a lot of fun. The youngest did not have that opportunity. We had to move and I was working two jobs. No time for photography trips.

By the way, that pee in the weeds thing can back fire when they drop trou in the landscaped restaurant parking lot.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I keep a camera set up with flash on autoexposure so that either or you can pick up the camera, turn on the strobe, focus and shoot.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    ...By the way, that pee in the weeds thing can back fire when they drop trou in the landscaped restaurant parking lot.
    Or do like one of my boys did at a Burger King -- dropped his pants and peed in the ball pit. Too bad I was not there to see it!

But on my watch one day, the living room was awfully quite for three boys in diapers -- I walked in and was hit by a wall of stink! The boys were finger-painting a mural on the wall -- using what was in the backend of one of the boy's diapers as the paint. No photos -- all I could think of was getting the boys in the bath, the walls cleaned up and the house aired out before their mom came home!

I do not know if the SX-70 could have captured the moment of not.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Photographs of your kids will, in the end, prove to be more valuable to you than anything you leave the house to photograph.
    How true!

When my children were small I couldn't photograph my usual subject matter as much, so I turned the camera on them! My oldest children are in college now and when they come home they browse the photo album(s) and loose prints in the various boxes. We all enjoy this immensely. I have a 3-year old now (don't ask!) and I photograph her quite often. Last week I was photographing in the large garden area near my apartment and she came along - I let her press the cable release - got to start training them early.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kids - nobody told me it would be this hard...on me or my photography trips!

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    How true!

When my children were small I couldn't photograph my usual subject matter as much, so I turned the camera on them! My oldest children are in college now and when they come home they browse the photo album(s) and loose prints in the various boxes. We all enjoy this immensely. I have a 3-year old now (don't ask!) and I photograph her quite often. Last week I was photographing in the large garden area near my apartment and she came along - I let her press the cable release - got to start training them early.
    That last part is really cute nice share.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46110009.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	64514

We (my eldest daughter and I) went out a few weeks ago to a nearby riverside to photograph some swans on the river. As you can see, the swan photos didn't really materialise but we had a fine time! (Fuji Provia 100, 150mm f4, hasselblad 501CM handheld)
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46110009.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	64514

We (my eldest daughter and I) went out a few weeks ago to a nearby riverside to photograph some swans on the river. As you can see, the swan photos didn't really materialise but we had a fine time! (Fuji Provia 100, 150mm f4, hasselblad 501CM handheld)
    OMG this is going to turn into an adorable children's thread .. haha so cute!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are fortunate that you don't live in Canada.

My 9 and 11 yr. olds are fully immersed in the beast that is minor hockey. 9 hours every weekend starting at 6 am. and another 4-6 hours during the week.

I wouldn't want it any other way!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin