Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,473   Online: 1123

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    You are fortunate that you don't live in Canada.

My 9 and 11 yr. olds are fully immersed in the beast that is minor hockey. 9 hours every weekend starting at 6 am. and another 4-6 hours during the week.

I wouldn't want it any other way!
    It's the same everywhere... only the weather and the sport changes. Basketball just ended with a disappointing loss in teh first play-off game. Little league and high school baseball drafts have been completed; practices and scrimmage games have started. We spend the weekend and several evenenings per week in the park eating fast food. At least we are together having fun. I wouldn't have it any other way either!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Okay, to keep this becoming too much of a "cute kid" thread, here is a not-so-cute image of my boys several years ago:

4x10 negative (300mm lens)
    Scanned carbon print

On a historic note, that little bit of something in the water on the right is one of the last remains of the USS Milwaukee (C21) where is grounded attempting to tow a submarine off the sand in Dec. 1916; http://www.navsource.org/archives/04/c21/c2105.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shipwreck_Beach.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 02-21-2013 at 06:31 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: better scan, corrected date
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    OMG this is going to turn into an adorable children's thread .. haha so cute!
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing wrong with cute kids. We had our daughter, granddaughter, grandson and great grandson over this afternoon. Great fun!

No pix.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Kids - nobody told me it would be this hard...on me or my photography trips!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Nothing wrong with cute kids. We had our daughter, granddaughter, grandson and great grandson over this afternoon. Great fun!

No pix.

PE
    No pics?? Gotta support Kodak! Better start shooting PE...

Also, do any of your kids do film work?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    None of my children or grandchildren are interested in analog photography. They are into their i-phones and i-pads totally.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    None of my children or grandchildren are interested in analog photography. They are into their i-phones and i-pads totally.

PE
    Not a good sign for the rest of us... I really feel like I should at least get down the formulas for making basic B&W emulsions and base somehow, I have a feeling that ultimately when I'm old, if I'm even legally allowed to use the chemicals, the only thing I'll be able to make are wet plates since glass will be available long after film base has been discontinued...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post

What do you do when life hands you lemons, and you don't have any sugar? You just pucker up and enjoy it!
    Get tequila and salt!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Get tequila and salt!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tequila sounds like a good option!

Wet plate may not be due to the fact that it uses ether and is quite flammable.

My kids don't like chemicals.

PE

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin