Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,527   Online: 854

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbultman View Post
    Sleep is overrated. There will plenty of time to sleep when you are dead. Until then, it sounds like you have the opportunity to work on your candid shots and decisive moment photography. Take as many as you can, because they are like sunsets. Those fun years will be gone before you know it. Enjoy them.
    Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    Anyone remotely capable of saying "sleep is over rated" just needs a lot less of it than I do. It's one of life's greatest things. If I get enough good sleep I can handle whatever comes along. Not enough or not good enough quality of sleep and the slightest thing is insurmountable. Americans in general don't get enough rest.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21572686

Explains my wacky brain! Whenever I want to have a printing session, it requires me to miss a night's sleep and stay up for 36 hours or more straight. Sometimes I can sneak in a couple hours of sleep in that period. I use to have two to three printing sessions a week, now it is one every couple of weeks.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Vaughn - I think that study starts to explain a lot. I wish they'd also look at interrupted sleep. I sometimes get close to 7 or 8 hours a night, but never in a solid chunk. As for the immune system effects, I know my asthma has been worse since having Nate and getting less sleep (I don't think it's just age).

I just hope I can get him into hiking enough that he'll stay safe in the woods with me so I can take him along.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ahhhh, quitcher whinin'!

You think you got it tough? Try it for 28 years with kids AND a non-supportive wife!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by davidkachel View Post
    Ahhhh, quitcher whinin'!

You think you got it tough? Try it for 28 years with kids AND a non-supportive wife!

I tried it David , been there and have the T shirt, we've been married for forty nine years, my two sons are aged 44 and 48, and although my wife has always been supportive we still worry about them no matter how old your children get you never stop being a parent..
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-14-2013 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin