Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Extraordinary courtroom photograph

I thought this little article in today’s British Guardian G2 was interesting. It impressed me as a great picture the first time I noticed it and I could see this gaining iconic status in the world of imagery. What do others think?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/shor...ph?INTCMP=SRCH

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It looks like he's on Judge Judy. Which he might as well be.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been looking at this pic all day. I think it'll be one of the defining pictures of this saga in future. You'd want to be in this courtroom with a 35mm summilux asph, well I would anyway.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    I've been looking at this pic all day. I think it'll be one of the defining pictures of this saga in future. You'd want to be in this courtroom with a 35mm summilux asph, well I would anyway.
    This picture is what I would define as a Zen image.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder which part of the image "wasn't" Photoshopped? I'm suspecting the entire image was CGI. ;-) It would be easier than trying to find a parking spot near the courthouse.
    Last edited by Pierre Luzière; 02-21-2013 at 04:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oil painting? If anything perhaps a Photorealist painting in acrylic. I presume the image was exposed on film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why do you think it was a film image?

If editing has been done, leaving in the two bottles seems like an oversight....

Shooter
    35mm
    Such human suffering is portrayed in such images all the time and across the world. People never pay any attention to any of it unless the suffering involves money, power or a hot chick. Oh, wait...
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be interesting to see a shot of that courtroom without the people and defendant, just to determine how much photoshopping, if any, may have been done. However, that aside, it really is a good job, though the only "oil painting" I can recall offhand that looked like that was one showing a bunch of dogs playing poker...I think that was a painting!

The writers description is overhyped.

It merely looks like a courtroom that doesn't use fluorescent lighting but instead pot lights in the ceiling, which creates highlights and shadows which in turn creates drama.

The writer appears to be getting last -supper-esque about it.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin