Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,016   Online: 722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TBN View Post
    Ahh!!.. Yes, of course it is J.S. Bach !! (my middle name is the same as his lastname)
    It is indeed a very lovely piece of music.

Thank you, Molli !
    Any chance we could go back in time and have your parents teach my parents how the naming of a child should be done? That's a great middle name!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you very much!

I had never seen this film before; nor had I ever heard AA playing the piano.

Dave

-30-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see... especially nice to see a humble CC-400 (or 401) in his collection. No bells and whistles, but a solid, reliable camera.
    A. A. is often a favourite target for criticism for one reason or another, but there is no denying his technical mastery. His dodging and burning of the seaside picture was (aptly) like a conductor coaxing music from an orchestra.

Did they actually say he could make "hundreds of fine prints in a day"? That, in itself is pretty amazing.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! A very nice documentary!
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Multi Format

Early Footage of Ansel Adams At Work

I wonder how much that portfolio of prints that they showed is worth now...

Also kinda interesting to see he developed and fixed the prints with bare hands, no tongs or gloves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin