Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,303   Online: 865

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

APUG Ethics of B&W conversion of color image

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I'm not going to read the entire thread because i don't have time and you don't read/like the rules. Maybe someone mentioned this or maybe they didn't: slides can be printed optically without internegs or special equipment by using Ilford's direct positive paper. I'm not sure why this is always overlooked.
    And there are plenty of labs which print traditionally, even in nyc.
    I think all that stuff is discontinued ...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I'm not going to read the entire thread because i don't have time and you don't read/like the rules. Maybe someone mentioned this or maybe they didn't: slides can be printed optically without internegs or special equipment by using Ilford's direct positive paper. I'm not sure why this is always overlooked.
    Oh and we're over this now, it's all fun chatter now

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    My enlarger timer is a digital one. Though it has dials.
    You can stay, Bethe. But only if you certify that you only twist the dials without ever pushing a button...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

~Stone

Sorry Stone - that is one of their recent additions to the Harmann Ilford line.

It is black and white of course.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Sorry Stone - that is one of their recent additions to the Harmann Ilford line.

It is black and white of course.
    So I could actually really print optically a B&W image from my chrome cave image? Hmmm...

Haha

~Stone

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

First rule of Analog Club, you don't talk electronically about analog club...

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I could actually really print optically a B&W image from my chrome cave image? Hmmm...

Haha

~Stone

For your consideration: http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/...graphic+Papers
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

~Stone

What percentage of what you say is based on facts?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What percentage of what you say is based on facts?
    I said THINK...

I thought you were referring to Ilfochrome...

I've said many times that I don't know anything about printing... if you had bothered to read the thread you would have also realized this issue was resolved :-P

Shooter
    Multi Format

hi wildbill,

great minds think alike !

i suggest stone make a print of his chrome, right onto ilford direct positive paper back on page 3

i also suggested he make a paper transparency and a contact print using the sun cyanotype ( sun print paper from the hobby shop )
    which will retain its BLUE tone
    a paper transparency can be made the old fashioned way with photo paper,
    or a new fangled way using one of those weird machines that makes xeroxigraphical images
    either way the paper is WAXED ... if stone is lucky he may find a run down copy shop that has
    an old fashioned analog slide projector for the copy machine, one that projects the image onto
    a reflector and down onto the glass, so much more fun than a jpg or pdf file yuck !
    Last edited by jnanian; 03-03-2013 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin