Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,550   Online: 1080

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    stone

read the first line of this post..
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1559413
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    stone

read the first line of this post..
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1559413
    Link gives me a blank page

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    If it's in carry on, the film receives more radiation from being up in the sky than it gets from going through the relatively low power carry on scanner. I would insist only on having Delta 3200 or P3200 hand inspected.

And airport employees are required to be familiar with sensitized materials.

I last went through CDG in 2011, and they hand inspected the couple rolls of D3200 I had, and I sent the rest through the carryon scanner without a hitch.

he said it all ...
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about colour films? Arent they supposed to be more affected by these scans?
    My travelling with film has been very limited via air - mostly been road/train (thankful for that!)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just went through CDG with 800 speed 120 film, and all the film went through the carry-on X-ray. No problems. My shoes, however, must have some piece of metal in the soles because they made me take them off and not only ran the shoes through the X-ray, they wanded the bottoms of my feet to be sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    What about colour films? Arent they supposed to be more affected by these scans?
    My travelling with film has been very limited via air - mostly been road/train (thankful for that!)

No. ON my sister's recent Australia-Canada-Alaska trip, with 2 rolls of Provia 100F (carry-on), it passed through a total of 16 X-ray points over the 4-week trip. There is no ill-effect on either roll, but her three SD cards were corrupted, necessitating a panic call to a photo lab in Vancouver that had a copy-store of images she had printed there.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    No. ON my sister's recent Australia-Canada-Alaska trip, with 2 rolls of Provia 100F (carry-on), it passed through a total of 16 X-ray points over the 4-week trip. There is no ill-effect on either roll, but her three SD cards were corrupted, necessitating a panic call to a photo lab in Vancouver that had a copy-store of images she had printed there.
    Wow. Film came through clean and the cards got corrupted?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Wow. Film came through clean and the cards got corrupted?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

That's correct. A few photos were able to be copied off all three SD cards, but the rest were unreadable. There is nothing to report of the Provia films.
    Perhaps the SD cards were subjected to some other interference, but they were all stored in the same place in the camera pack I had instructed the folks when they left home and were in that place when I began the gear debriefing and downloading. It's very fortunate that copies were available from the lab to be sent to us by post from BC. The SD cards were thrown out and the Provia was processed long ago — nothing printed yet (that's because my images take priority! ).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    oi, this keeps going and going, i must have posted a couple of times already...

anyway, here's a news flash from CDG--for years they have been herding incoming connections via landside tunnels requiring an extra security scan to get on your next flight; last saturday they dumped me airside, so i could skip that extra scan. crossing my fingers it stays this way

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I no longer worry about X Rays and film. I had my color and monochrome film scanned 3 times on a recent trip and it has no effect on the film whatsoever.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin