Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,753   Online: 861

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also think that a general decrease in peoples' attention spans has a lot to do with this.

Because communication is so fast and efficient, people have gotten used to getting quick and easy answers to every question. When they run into somebody who does not give them a three-second answer they instantly think, "Bullshit!"

Not every question can be answered in two sentences, especially today when the world seems so much more complex. Anybody who does not answer in only two sentences is automatically branded a bullshitter even if they are telling the truth.

I agree that it seems like there is a flood of people spouting bullshit answers to questions but I also think that a lot more good answers are branded as bullshit because many people have the attention span of a goldfish.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    ?........but I also think that a lot more good answers are branded as bullshit because many people have the attention span of a goldfish.
    My goldfish, Gil, was very upset and offended at this statement. He thought it was fishy that he was singled out in your post.

In fact he was so offended he swam over to Fin, who is a shark and discussed whether he had some sort of recourse he could pursue. Fin had some of the girls in the secretarial pool work on a legal brief and will be contacting you shortly.

Between you and me Fin must be working pro bono because I know for a fact the Gil's house is under water and he doesn't have a pot to piss in. His wife Bubbles left him last fall for a butterfly Koi and he's been pretty down, although he's been chasing a lot of strange tail lately.

Anyway, you may want to be careful who you are dissing these days because everyone has rights. And just for your information I've seen Gil suspended in one place just staring a the wall for hours, so his attention span is just fine thank you.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    My goldfish, Gil, was very upset and offended at this statement. He thought it was fishy that he was singled out in your post.

In fact he was so offended he swam over to Fin, who is a shark and discussed whether he had some sort of recourse he could pursue. Fin had some of the girls in the secretarial pool work on a legal brief and will be contacting you shortly.

Between you and me Fin must be working pro bono because I know for a fact the Gil's house is under water and he doesn't have a pot to piss in. His wife Bubbles left him last fall for a butterfly Koi and he's been pretty down, although he's been chasing a lot of strange tail lately.

Anyway, you may want to be careful who you are dissing these days because everyone has rights. And just for your information I've seen Gil suspended in one place just staring a the wall for hours, so his attention span is just fine thank you.
    blansky:

As I understand it, goldfish don't have the capacity for any significant attention span.

The phrase "nice castle" is what the goldfish think, over, and over, and over.

Lately, I've heard they have begun posting - "why can't we discuss scanning on APUG?"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's just a cliche. Tell Gil to lighten up.

Did you know that you can actually teach goldfish to do tricks? Yes, indeed!

Looks like Gil has some catching up to do!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Between you and me Fin must be working pro bono
    Or if not, probably on a scale.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is BS. 2 goldfish doesn't make a school.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh now, quit carping!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BSers when busted, always Koi ya know.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Addotta
    Think I had a wet dream
    Crusin' through the Gulf Stream
    Oooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    Wet dream...
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    BSers when busted, always Koi ya know.
    Indeed!

They'll try to finesse it if they can!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin