Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,680   Online: 758

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    ...are almost from a primal place
    i hunt for this, too; no "almost"

it makes you think when you catch one

Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    but it's generally one thing!
    oh-kee... make that two things

Shooter
    35mm
    Anyone ever been asked to turn over their film or delete if your shooting digital?

Yes i agree, things are getting crazy with all this. I try to be undercover when I shoot street...if at all possible.
    Last edited by Iluvmycam; 07-05-2013 at 08:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the article. I, however, won't be listening to a damn thing he says.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Thanks for the article. I, however, won't be listening to a damn thing he says.
    Is the writer even a street photog? I just glossed over it as it looked like an argument to make us all start shooting flowers and birds and didn't hold my interest

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmycam View Post
    Is the writer even a street photog? I just glossed over it as it looked like an argument to make us all start shooting flowers and birds and didn't hold my interest
    He's a "fine art photographer" and I think we all know what that means. As far as street photography goes, it's always best to flash a smile or just explain to the people you're a street photographer documenting city life. If they ask for it to be deleted "sorry, film cannot be unexposed." I understand his gist, which is to not be a jerk with a camera, but the solution isn't to stop taking photos on the street.

That being said I do think there are way too many cameras out there these days in one form or another. I also think people are much less open photo-wise than say 10 years ago.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    He's a "fine art photographer" and I think we all know what that means. As far as street photography goes, it's always best to flash a smile or just explain to the people you're a street photographer documenting city life. If they ask for it to be deleted "sorry, film cannot be unexposed." I understand his gist, which is to not be a jerk with a camera, but the solution isn't to stop taking photos on the street.

That being said I do think there are way too many cameras out there these days in one form or another. I also think people are much less open photo-wise than say 10 years ago.
    Good post.

But one would think people should be used to getting shot with all the cell phones and little cams waving around in the world.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Completely agree. You have the right to go shopping and sit in your house and watch shows about stupid people being stupid. Any other interests are highy suspect.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Anyone ever been asked to turn over their film or delete if your shooting digital?
    All the time. I've been cuffed and questioned for refusing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But one would think people should be used to getting shot with all the cell phones and little cams waving around in the world.
    Conspiracy: this data is more accessible to the all seeing eye. Film images aren't - that makes 'them' mad.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin