Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I basically "know" what I am getting in a sense. Whether it will be any good is another story. In the past, any truly "good" photos were accidents; I always captured the image/subject I intended to, just usually not how I wanted it. I'm not good with light or composing, so most of what I take are "boring" snapshots; I get the subject I want, but I really don't know how to make it interesting.

I'm getting better, though.
    Truzi

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Usually I know when I have a good composition that will make a satisfying photograph. If I worked my exposure out right, and if, as Vinny said, unexpected scratches and other negative defects do not appear, I will be able to produce a satisfying print.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    I'm never really sure. But then for me that's a plus for film. I get three anticipatory opportunities. Taking, developing the film and finally a print. Each step may be days, weeks or even months apart so I get a lot of mileage out of a single exposure.
    Well said... I often find that what motivated me to expose, in the first place, can change as I start printing. The time between exposure and printing allows me to approach the negative unhindered by a preconceived notion of the final result. Like Bob, I also consider this a huge plus.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I knew I had got the image I wanted seconds after pressing the shutter. ... Do others ever get that feeling ...
    Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    ... and if so, are you in most part right or wrong?
    Maybe.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I almost always know whether or not I got. If I am not sure that I got I may take a second shot. Even when I got it I look to see if there is another composition that I like better.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On a few occasions shooting gigs I knew I had something special and couldn't wait to develop that roll to confirm my beliefs. A certain body shape or facial expression or movement that I was anticipating and got the timing right. Perhaps 10 or 12 times in shooting thousands of images. Mostly my feeling was "not quite there" and I haven't been positively surprised often. A bit disappointed often, yes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin