Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,302   Online: 1135

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    ...I merely asked for feedback...
    AKA trolling

You want a honest reply to your mere question, then troll the replies....
    Andy

David's threads always seem to be exercises in mental masturbation posing as deep intellectual thought with a dose of persecution complex thrown in.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    You say you're looking for feedback, but don't like when people tell you what they think? Uncool.

From the outside looking in, telling you honestly what it looks like to me, you are looking for justification to not disclose what you know has been done to the lens. And when somebody that doesn't agree with you dislikes the idea of not disclosing it, you don't want to hear it.

Why ask for feedback if you're so intent on arguing against the feedback? I do a fair bit of market research where I work, and when we find out what customers want and need, we have to listen to what they say and try to put our minds in the same place their minds are. We could go out and look for the answers we want to hear, but that usually doesn't work out very well in the end. It's better to seriously take the feedback, consider it from all aspects (their aspect, other customers' aspect, competitors' aspect, as well as our own aspect). All I'm saying is that if you ask for feedback you have to be prepared to listen and seriously consider the feedback from those you ask.
    +1
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    David's threads always seem to be exercises in mental masturbation posing as deep intellectual thought with a dose of persecution complex thrown in.
    Hopefully with a happy ending.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    David Liga's comments remind me of a word and an adage.

Prolixity.
    God gave us two ears and one tongue so that we might listen more and speak less.

A buyer may be interested in appearance or functionality or both. The seller should fully disclose both aspects.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i buy with paypal often because all paypal'd purchases offer a 45day money back guarantee.
    and it seems that what someone ( person or store ) sells something that isn't really what it seems
    it is good to have bilk-pal to lean on.

thankfully i don't have plans on buying any more "stuff"

Shooter
    35mm
    I do appreciate your heartfelt comments. All. And when you disagree with me I learn. I might end up not agreeing but I learn and I thank you. It's just that some things seem different to me, conceptually, and I cannot refute them solely because a generic perception gets in the way.

It sounds crazy, that analysis, but I really mean that, to me, there is a big difference between this 'perception' thing and the reality. I fully respect that some (most) want the full picture even though it might not affect anything that they intend to do with the equipment, but I also respect the opposite argument. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The very fact that you have asked the questions you have; means that I would never buy anything from you. Someone who appears to not be a trained technician; poking around in the innards of a camera or lens is not a good omen. I have done a large number of modifications to photographic equipment for various reasons but when I do that, the item (as far as I am concerned) cannot have the integrity to allow it to be used by anyone else as the expectations may not be met. I also know what I am doing and have the ability and equipment to measure resolution etc. in microns. I recently was stung by a subscriber on a purchase and for personal reasons I was not able to use the Paypal 45 day policy. The seller lied about the condition of the item and has no integrity. I am pondering how to react to the situation.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David for the record, in reply to your earlier post.... If I may be so bold, Jon Goodman would disclose that the camera came from a haunted house, that the fortuneteller had foretold bad luck, and that he had left some collectible DNA samples inside.

He would then weave it all into a really entertaining story, and the equipment would sell before sundown. :wink:

He is the only person I have ever known, to use a broken BBQ to sell light seals... :grin:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Thus, Jon Goodman is a person of consummate integrity (and a good man). I guess I am not. - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 06-13-2013 at 04:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin