Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,853   Online: 969

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I work at a university art dept and I saw a gal retouching a nude self-portrait. It's a different world now.
    I saw that in the '70's in the Art dept's student (communal) darkroom. Prints going 'round and 'round in the washing tank. Made me dizzy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I saw that in the '70's in the Art dept's student (communal) darkroom. Prints going 'round and 'round in the washing tank. Made me dizzy.
    there was a woman in my photo 4 class who was doing nude self portraits ... communal darkroom
    and drying rack .. and unfortunately one of the dopes in one of the other classes
    stole some of her prints and then bragged to others (outside the class) about what he did &c ..
    made for an uneasy situation. i am glad the students in your neck of the woods were a little more respectful of other's work.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Surprisingly all the movies I've seen, I have never seen that one. Something about Robin Williams being a predator
    (If that was indeed the story line) never attracted me to see it.

yeah it was pretty creepy
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I understand your upset nature, I know when I was younger my mother remarking on the new laws about submitting film of kids in bathtubs (as mothers often do) and how she was glad she hadn't had any issues and that the law changed when I was older and she wasn't taking those any more (I was probably 11-12 then). So since then (I'm 30 now) I've been aware of the concerns in America at least. Many labs here have a policy that any nudes are printed, but the negatives are destroyed as a policy of the company, which I think is fairly f-ed up, I can see destroying the print and returning the negative with a warning. But not destroying the negs so you're lucky, all your film could have been destroyed if you were in America lol.

So since I do a lot of nude work, I process it all at home as a policy, I process my B&W anyway but the color nudes always get done at home.

I'm surprised you didn't think of that but again Australia may be different but I know for one I wouldn't have taken the chance that some idiot would report or destroy my work.

Sorry and good luck for the future, glad you stayed out of jail.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think I have ever met anyone who doesn't have a naked picture of themselves in the bathtub as a kid. WTF?! People are going crazy over PRISM which has zero impact on their lives and they allow crap like this to happen without a peep. We've got a seriously messed up set of priorities.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    I don't think I have ever met anyone who doesn't have a naked picture of themselves in the bathtub as a kid..
    Yeh, and I used to carry a pocket knife onboard airlines, too. Different times, different rules.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I liked it a lot better when the air was clean and words were dirty!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    I don't think I have ever met anyone who doesn't have a naked picture of themselves in the bathtub as a kid. WTF?! People are going crazy over PRISM which has zero impact on their lives and they allow crap like this to happen without a peep. We've got a seriously messed up set of priorities.
    What's PRISM?

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Yeh, and I used to carry a pocket knife onboard airlines, too. Different times, different rules.
    You can have a keychain pocket knife again... Haha

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What's PRISM?
    Get out from under your rock, man. Google for Snowden.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Get out from under your rock, man. Google for Snowden.
    Oh ok, I heard about it but haven't read into it. I don't know much... Just that it seems to me the government secretly spying on us, and someone exposing it, the only one who did anything wrong is the people who implemented it, they should go to jail not the whistleblower ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin