Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,078   Online: 790

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Too many iron-fisted activists are created by too much watching of Law and Order SUV and other TV shows. They're just TV shows.
    maybe ..

and maybe people don't know the difference between a tv shows and "reality"
    but i seem to remember a handful of stories over the last few years about
    women escaping from homes where they lived as CHILD-abductees.
    (california a handful of years ago, belgium a few years ago, and most recently in ohio )

while it may be just someone's imagination on television or in the movies,
    unfortunately it is a reality for some.

i'd rather live in a society where people look out for one another than a society where someone's child is kidnapped
    and years later they are banging on a screen door to get help to escape and the person neighbor looking / taking notice just
    turns their back to them shrugs their shoulders and walks away ..
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    while it may be just someone's imagination on television or in the movies,
    unfortunately it is a reality for some.
    Those stories are based on one-or-more realities way more often than many would think.

Shooter
    Large Format
    This is taking a turn toward political ideologies, and that's a recipe for having my membership cancelled. So, with that, I'm going to hide the thread, and pick you fine people up on another one about techniques and equipment. Regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Those stories are based on one-or-more realities way more often than many would think.
    Of course, would one expect original ideas to come from movie and television screen writers? Jus' sayin'
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't understand what you are "jus' sayin'", Steve? Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am agreeing with you.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OP said kid was running around, not looking like he was forced to do something... must have been a newbie at the photolab, who already thinks people who shoot film are strange, so when he sees the naked kid he freaks....

If the op, took a whole roll of the naked kid, somethings weird, if the op took a photo, where the kid looked like he was in distress, again weird... family photos, and naked kid running around, funny.

to be blatant, as i get older more friends are having kids, and many of them are from el paso, tx (90-100 degree weather in the summer)... so amongst photos of food being grilled, family,etc... there's a naked kid here and there... no one thinks it's weird, because it's in CONTEXT.

so op was singled out for a reason he is unaware of or omitted... or the photolab people at that specific place are 'sheep' to put it nicely.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ironically, would they have even noticed if this was shot on anything other than transparency film?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ^ haha...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fundamentally this is an issue of discretion and not over reacting. I'm not aware of any legal obligation to report naked pictures of children but would definitely feel a moral obligation to report anything i was unhappy with.
    However i would speak to the client and explain my position. If the boot was on the other foot i'd probably be peeved that the situation was occurring and that suspicion was aimed at me but wouldn't take it personally. We should be glad that people have their eyes open, all be it misplaced: any criminal taking photos of an act they had committed especially on film must be as rare as it stupid. I can't see how destroying the original makes any difference, all in all it's a silly situation that should have been dealt with in a much better fashion.
    The very worst instance would be to let it go and then realise that you had missed a chance to stop some form of abuse.
    Labyrinth Photographic Printing
    121 Roman Road, Bethnal Green, London E2 0QN
    020 8709 9961
    http://www.labyrinthphotographic.co.uk/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin