Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,986   Online: 901

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    iPhone.
    On, no you deen't!!
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are so many of these threads and as far as I'm concerned they all have the same answer, shoot whatever camera you like, and, more importantly, the camera that you have in your hand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    iPhone.
    iThinknot
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have cameras I haven't even shot yet. But then I also appreciate the equipment in its own right. That being said, I almost never take more than two cameras. Three lenses are about my limit as well. Most often it's one camera, one or two lenses.

I'm not a pro, don't hope to be a pro. But too much equipment, and I find myself spending all my time fiddling with my stuff, and not taking pictures, or enjoying the time out with the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you have lots of cameras, there's always a choice to be made. But an easy one for me, if I don't have a certain project in mind, and I'm just going out to poke around and take some pictures of what ever, I'll take my Canon EOS 1n with the ef 22-55mm zoom. Now I know a lot of folks like prime lenses, and I do too. I also tend to favor my Nikons more, but that little 22-55mm lens is really a nice zoom range to have. Quite wide to normal. Yeah, it's a inexpensive little thing, with a plastic lens mount, it's slow, and I believe it was made for the ill-fated APS camera, but it covers the 35mm frame fine. Surprisingly, I've gotten some really nice images with it. I am careful with it, and use the dedicated lens hood with it too, along with a yellow or red filter sometimes for dramatic skies with B&W film.
    Any one else have any experiences with this lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agnosticnikon View Post
    When you have lots of cameras, there's always a choice to be made. But an easy one for me, if I don't have a certain project in mind, and I'm just going out to poke around and take some pictures of what ever, I'll take my Canon EOS 1n with the ef 22-55mm zoom. Now I know a lot of folks like prime lenses, and I do too. I also tend to favor my Nikons more, but that little 22-55mm lens is really a nice zoom range to have. Quite wide to normal. Yeah, it's a inexpensive little thing, with a plastic lens mount, it's slow, and I believe it was made for the ill-fated APS camera, but it covers the 35mm frame fine. Surprisingly, I've gotten some really nice images with it. I am careful with it, and use the dedicated lens hood with it too, along with a yellow or red filter sometimes for dramatic skies with B&W film.
    Any one else have any experiences with this lens?
    I too like this lens.

It gives me a real wide angle for my 35mm EOS bodies, and some flexibility with my cropped sensor EOS digital body.

It isn't a stellar performer when it comes to the corners, and there is a bit of distortion, but I'm not going to use it for reprographic work.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Canon F1 and a FD 35mm f2 Thorium lens.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My F5 w/28-85 F3.5-4.5 Nikkor.

There's a saying in the watch collecting community, " when you have one watch you always know what time it is, when you have more than one, you're never sure".

There something to be said for one camera one lens and just dealing with it. More than one and you're always second guessing yourself if you're using the right one.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    There's a saying in the watch collecting community, " when you have one watch you always know what time it is, when you have more than one, you're never sure".

There something to be said for one camera one lens and just dealing with it. More than one and you're always second guessing yourself if you're using the right one.
    There's a lot of truth in what you write, at one time I used to carry loads of lenses in case that I never used, I now carry a maximum of three and make my pictures fit the lenses I have with me.
    Ben

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin