Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,626   Online: 881

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Referring to the photo attachment of post #76, this is how people everywhere seem to dress and look these days. Complete and total human eyesores, I would have no interest whatsoever at pointing my eyeballs at them, let alone a camera with film I had paid good money for. Times have changed and in the department of people-watching, it's purely depressing. (no offense to the writer of the referenced post).
    In closing, I wish people would stop going out in public wearing rags I wouldn't sleep in, much less leave the house.
    I must agree with this statement. I find out that in some parts of the world I just don't enjoy street photography as much as I enjoy in another parts because (between other stuff) of people clothings and style.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Maybe others have found this, but when you click on the first link of post #76, I get a warning from google saying the content of the blog may only be suitable for adults and an option to continue or not.

Surely this can't be because it contains a picture with a (barely visible) child in it ??
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Read it again, John.
    He "made three attempts and gave up." Then, "Five minutes went by, then they got up to leave." It was only at that point that she addressed him. Which she did by shouting at him, calling him a "sick pervert". What hounding?
    perhaps if you were in her family's shoes ...
    lets see ...

sitting across from you is a guy with a camera to his face for 5+ minutes
    who bothered your parents first ( who scolded him ) ..

and for 5 mins ( which seems like an eternity ) he is staring at you and your kids
    was taking photos ...

i am sure it looked like he wouldn't leave them alone.
    from the lady and her parents' point of view he hounded them

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    A journalist you say?
    yup

sorry ming rider, that family's gathering wasn't newsworthy
    if it was, it would be a totally different story ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 07-08-2013 at 07:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just a comment.............I do not like my picture being taken. So when someone points a camera my way I just wag my finger and mouth the word "no". Works just fine. No drama needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can all you people calling yourselves "street photographers" please stop whining every time someone on the street is annoyed by your annoying behaviour? If you seriously find it artistic to invade the privacy of complete strangers, at least have the decency to recognize they might get pissed off, particularly if someone tries repeatedly to get a picture of a child. It astounds me OP was so shocked by the mother's reaction. She doesn't know he isn't a pervert and is actually a street photographer (whatever that is anyway). And that doesn't even matter. Some people just plain don't like having their picture taken for no reason. I'm one of them.

No, a Leica doesn't make you any more legitimate. No, the legalities of the matter don't make your behaviour less creepy. And no, not everyone who objects to the way you make your "art" is mentally ill. OP is lucky all he got was a verbal reaction.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree View Post
    Just a comment.............I do not like my picture being taken. So when someone points a camera my way I just wag my finger and mouth the word "no". Works just fine. No drama needed.
    Even that would make a good picture.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    yup

sorry ming rider, that family's gathering wasn't newsworthy
    if it was, it would be a totally different story ...
    Sorry couldn't help myself there.

What I was getting at was that you are a journo' but you completely mis-quoted my original post.

Not something I would usually associate with journalism.

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree

Even that would make a good picture.
    I hope you are joking.

I must be getting old, but I am still of the school that believes good manners and consideration trump our "right" to stick a camera where it is not welcome.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I hope you are joking.

I must be getting old, but I am still of the school that believes good manners and consideration trump our "right" to stick a camera where it is not welcome.
    Some of the best photo's have consisted of people displeased with the camera.

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Imagine if Weegee had been respectful of the desires of others to not be photographed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin