Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 938

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Some of the best photo's have consisted of people displeased with the camera.

It is becoming increasingly clear you are the problem, not the woman in your story.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    Imagine if Weegee had been respectful of the desires of others to not be photographed.
    Imagine if context had any meaning on APUG.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    perhaps if you were in her family's shoes ...
    lets see ...

sitting across from you is a guy with a camera to his face for 5+ minutes
    who bothered your parents first ( who scolded him ) ..[
    WHERE in that post did it say that her parents were there? WHERE did it say anyone else scolded him? And WHERE is there even an indication that he "bothered" anyone else?

and for 5 mins ( which seems like an eternity ) he is staring at you and your kids
    was taking photos ...

i am sure it looked like he wouldn't leave them alone.
    from the lady and her parents' point of view he hounded them
    If your kid is jumping around, people are going to look at him. He has drawn their attention. And if they look at him jumping around, they just might take pictures of his antics. The woman overreacted.
    The OP was seated on a bench, while things happened around him, which he photographed. If he cannot do that, then Cartier-Bresson, Robert Frank, Garry Winogrand, and so many others, were wrong to photograph what went on around them.
    Have you seen the video of HCB stalking his subjects, surreptitiously and quickly getting a photo before they knew what was going on? Geez, what a creep!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post

I must be getting old, but I am still of the school that believes good manners and consideration trump our "right" to stick a camera where it is not welcome.
    Don't ever even consider becoming a news photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree View Post
    Just a comment.............I do not like my picture being taken. So when someone points a camera my way I just wag my finger and mouth the word "no". Works just fine. No drama needed.
    And if they don't comply, then what?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Don't ever even consider becoming a news photographer.
    As per the Weegee comment above, context, my friend.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    It is becoming increasingly clear you are the problem, not the woman in your story.
    Yeah, like it's A-OK to go yelling at people, calling them a pervert.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If he cannot do that, then Cartier-Bresson, Robert Frank, Garry Winogrand, and so many others, were wrong to photograph what went on around them.
    Have you seen the video of HCB stalking his subjects, surreptitiously and quickly getting a photo before they knew what was going on? Geez, what a creep!
    It is clear that here on APUG we have 2 "streams": one who are on side of OP, and another who are on side of screaming women and kid showing finger.
    I bet first "stream" has Bresson and Winogrand as best photographer in their mind, while second has AA?

Anybody consider HCB to be the best photographer - but is on a side of screaming women and kid showing finger?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, like it's A-OK to go yelling at people, calling them a pervert.
    In this case, I'd have to side with the woman, rude or not. OP quite obviously has no concern or respect whatsoever for his "subjects". If that wasn't clear in the first post, he's certainly made it clear since.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    It is clear that here on APUG we have 2 "streams": one who are on side of OP, and another who are on side of screaming women and kid showing finger.
    I bet first "stream" has Bresson and Winogrand as best photographer in their mind, while second has AA?

Anybody consider HCB to be the best photographer - but is on a side of screaming women and kid showing finger?

not really

i have a lot of respect for hcb and winogrand and others,
    i am not a fan of grand landscapes ( not to mention aa's portraits seem rather stiff
    and not the kind of portraits i like looking at .. they don't reveal much of the person photographed )

my problem is the OP comes off rather obnoxious and rude ... not the genre of photography.
    and suggesting that because a leica is being used it gives the user carte blanche to do as sHe pleases ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 07-08-2013 at 10:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin