Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,874   Online: 955

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    I even have some nude street photography! Stand developed in Rodinal! Clearly I am the Devil.
    Oh if that's the case then I'm a perv too cause I mostly shoot vaginas in film... Lol

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Interesting stuff.

Sadly, over the course of this thread I've become a poorly dressed creep, who stares for extended periods and points his camera continuously at children.

I'm now someone who isn't a serious photographer because I don't wear a shirt and trousers. I pester people to the point of exasperation and I have no integrity as I don't write books.

NO I WON'T BE PHOTOGRAPHING MINORS AGAIN (I think I may have mentioned that before?) IT WAS A ONE-OFF AND SOMETHING I WON'T BE REPEATING ANY TIME SOON.

On the other hand, the 'business card' suggestion is a good one and something I will be doing tonight online. I also thank many for their kind words and encouragement (you know who you are. )

As for the rest of you . . . Merry Christmas.
    Well at least get a website and post some of the images so when people look at the site from your business card and see other "street" style images, then they will view you as legit.

Remember legitimacy is really just perception anyway.

And to the fellow who said most commenters weren't street photographers (whatever that even means) I've shot photos of streets all my life... Hehe...

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    This is entirely the point, and why the original complaint voiced by OP is absurd at best. If you truly don't give a crap about whether or not your subjects want to be photographed, and you are interested solely in the law, then surely you'd understand your subject is under no obligation to react positively to your actions and is within his/her legal rights to be upset, call you a pervert, a creep, an obnoxious asshole etc.

Yes, but all this is open for discussion and even constant revision and values of society change. One movie star was trying to make it illegal to shoot kids.

http://bossip.com/751309/question-of-the-day-should-it-be-illegal-for-paparazzi-to-take-pics-of-celebrity-seeds-halle-berry-begs-for-celeb-friends-to-support-new-law-43081/

There are some photogs that don't approve of street photogrpahy at all. If they had their way we would all be shooting landscapes, horses or rocks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well at least get a website and post some of the images so when people look at the site from your business card and see other "street" style images, then they will view you as legit.
    What a brilliant idea.

I know what, I could call it 'The Street Photography Blog' and put a link to it in my signature below (unless you're using tapatalk in which case it's www.streetphotographyblog.co.uk)

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    I even have some nude street photography!
    I tried that once but it was too cold... I had to get dressed again.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did not look in older posts - but I like picture "worry, worry, worry" the most. And ... there is a kid on that picture

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably a good thing it wasn't a Jethro Tull Aqualung shirt...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Probably a good thing it wasn't a Jethro Tull Aqualung shirt...
    Lol. But you never know ???

A possible role model?
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What a brilliant idea.

I know what, I could call it 'The Street Photography Blog' and put a link to it in my signature below (unless you're using tapatalk in which case it's www.streetphotographyblog.co.uk)

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.
    Hahahhaah ha yea I'm almost never on the website always on taptatalk so I didn't see that blog link ever. But put it on your business card

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I tried that once but it was too cold... I had to get dressed again.

Steve.
    *snicker*

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin