Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,956   Online: 1014
      
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 376
  1. #181
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hahaha I'm a professional... I've only slept with one of my subjects and she was my ex and I slept with her months BEFORE the pictures were taken. (Yea yea, even after we broke up she still wanted to pose for me, crazy right? I was glad, she was beautiful).
    Suddenly my life seems very dull...


    Oh, to be 30 again.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  2. #182
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,471
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Please tell me you don't draw eyes on them, brush on eye shadow, lipstick, a pair of sunglasses and a cigarette?
    haha no thank you, I don't really like lipstick on their normal lips let alone the special ones.

    No this is a project about the beauty of the male and female form (yes that means penises too). People are always so insecure about their intimate parts, its too big, to small, to funny looking, etc, so I'm shooting to show that all types can be beautiful, mostly high key light, soft but slightly blown out, B&W, etc. We'll see who's brave enough to publish it someday...

  3. #183
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,471
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Suddenly my life seems very dull...


    Oh, to be 30 again.
    Haha, but at least you can support yourself, because it's art and not pornographic, I'm not selling the images individually or anything (because I'm sure people would buy them at high prices) because I respect my models and want them to be seen in the light I intend which is beauty and art, not perversion, so, for now, not many have seen them. One of my models insisted I print one for her because she wanted to see it on paper and she exclaimed "OH it's so beautiful!!! thank you Stone!!!" over the phone when she got my mail. It was nice, she was a friend though not a random person, so who knows how much she was making me feel good over appreciating the work, but I'm sure she did like it.

  4. #184
    lns
    lns is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    She was probably fat and had an ugly bum ... it's usually the insecure ugly ones who always seem to get "offended" it's probably a mixture of their own insecurities, and the fact the attractive ones either like the attention, or are used to it and ignore it...
    Dude, that is judgmental, rude and, like most sweeping generalizations, surely inaccurate. I find it interesting to read ugly words like that from someone defending the rights of photographers to be viewed with respect and without prejudice.

    There are a lot of women who don't want to be treated as a piece of meat, actually. Even attractive ones, as you'd put it. Comments like this offer a hint about why people might be sensitive to having their photos taken by strangers. Respect for the feelings of others can be shown in a lot of ways -- as can its opposite.

  5. #185

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,562
    Blog Entries
    3
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by lns View Post
    Dude, that is judgmental, rude and, like most sweeping generalizations, surely inaccurate. I find it interesting to read ugly words like that from someone defending the rights of photographers to be viewed with respect and without prejudice.

    There are a lot of women who don't want to be treated as a piece of meat, actually. Even attractive ones, as you'd put it. Comments like this offer a hint about why people might be sensitive to having their photos taken by strangers. Respect for the feelings of others can be shown in a lot of ways -- as can its opposite.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    She was probably fat and had an ugly bum ... it's usually the insecure ugly ones who always seem to get "offended" it's probably a mixture of their own insecurities, and the fact the attractive ones either like the attention, or are used to it and ignore it...
    that is about as lame and pathetic as it gets ...


    btw: stone to be shooting your subject professionally you need to be selling your work ...
    shooting and having a collection of genitalia photographs doesn't mean you are a professional ..
    did you see 8mm? there is a market for this sort of stuff ... or so it seems ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 07-08-2013 at 08:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  6. #186

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NE USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    211
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?t=131942

    An interersting poll covering many options for street. Maybe we can get back on topic for this discussion.

  7. #187

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,150
    That's our Stone. One day he will mature.

  8. #188
    viridari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina [USA]
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    330
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh if that's the case then I'm a perv too cause I mostly shoot vaginas in film...
    Yeah I don't talk too much in here about the Mapplethorpe influence on some of my work. But there is definitely some of it (not on Flickr). It can get interesting when genres meet.

  9. #189
    Ming Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    District of the Lakes.
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Definitely pervert, judging by the obvious guilty refusal to meet the camera's lens eye-to-eye. And while this person is obviously hiding behind something, it's not a sense of fashion.



    Ken
    Apologies, I can be a bit slow sometimes. It finally twigged what you were talking about.

    With the photo', I was trying to create a sense of action, as in 'this is me on the street, passively looking for the next opportunity to trip the shutter'.

    Usually if nothing is in the offing, the camera will be in my right hand at my side.

    I never follow fashion. For a start it changes to frequently so would cost a fortune to keep pace. Further, fashion followers (of all areas, not just clothes) display a complete lack of individuality or original thought and harbour a painful fear of alienation by their peers.

    Besides, I've always worn jeans and t-shirts.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

    StreetPhotographyBlog

  10. #190
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Definitely pervert, judging by the obvious guilty refusal to meet the camera's lens eye-to-eye. And while this person is obviously hiding behind something, it's not a sense of fashion.



    Ken
    Oh, Ken's just messin' with ya!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin